After sharing important insights about CLAT preparation in 2-3 months by CLAT Topper Anushka, we are here with a fresh interview by Swapnil Katiyar. Swapnil was a young CLAT aspirant just like you who worked hard and secured AIR 329 in CLAT 2016. PrepLadder team asked her about her power mantra and she narrated her success strategy & has also given tips on GK preparation for the aspirants of CLAT 2017:
Hello Swapnil. Please tell us something about yourself.
Hey! I am Swapnil Katiyar. I belong to Lucknow. My father is an Engineer and my mother a homemaker. I did my schooling from Lucknow Public School. Currently I am pursuing Law in National Law University, Jodhpur. I love to read novels and listening to music gives me the calmness one often craves for.
What made you apply for Law Entrance tests? Which exams did you apply for?
I realized that I am quite good at reasoning and this was the prime reason for choosing law as a career.
My CLAT All India Rank in 2016 was 329
I don’t remember my AILET rank but I had scored 97/150.
What would you suggest to the students who start late and have to prepare GK from scratch?
Well, even if you start late, all is not lost. You first need to know what actually needs to be prepared. Once you go through last 5 year mocks, you will have a fair idea. Now you must focus on reading as much as you can. You don’t really have to memorize everything. You just need to get an idea about all the important events. Also discuss what you learn with others. Discussing things help us retain them for longer period of time.
What was your strategy to handle the GK section of CLAT?
I tried to follow both the conventional technique and the modern shortcuts. Reading daily news, either from newspapers or apps such as Inshorts or JagranJosh. Moreover monthly compendiums always came handy.
Also read: Priyanka's journey to All India Rank 60
Do you feel CLAT can be cracked by an Average Student also?
Your past performance in schools has no relevance to your score in CLAT. You can surely crack the exam, as long as you are willing to work hard for it.
Thank you Swapnil for sharing your inputs and interesting insights with CLAT aspirants!
Some preparation tips on GK to our students:
GK is the most scoring section in CLAT exam but is highly unpredictable. If you haven't yet read our tips for covering GK syllabus of CLAT in one month already, here are some handy tips:
- First of all find out the major topics that are covered in GK section of CLAT exam. In the recent trend, major portion of GK section is covered by current affairs. So, prepare them thoroughly.
- Prepare short notes on recent appointments,announcements, important news etc.and make it a habit to revise all the notes on weekends.
- Be a part of online quizzes & discussions. You'll get to know what all your competitors are preparing.
- It is very important to follow a good newspaper. It is the best source to stay updated & know what's happening around the world.
- Watch interesting shows on news channels which can help you prepare GK. I recommend the aspirants to watch Parliament sessions.
If you too aspire to get into one of the best NLUs of India, then prepare seriously. If you have more questions that you wish to ask from CLAT topper, then join PrepLadder’s CLAT test series- here you get a personal NLU Mentor who will guide you throughout.