We all know that Staff Selection Commission conducts the SSC CGL Exam every year for the recruitment of different Central Civil Posts to be employed in the various reputed government organization. SSC CGL is one of the most popular exams among graduates in India and the number of students giving this exam is increasing every year. This makes it difficult than other competitive exams. One more reason for its widespread popularity is this that it requires graduation as the minimum educational qualification and graduates from every stream try their luck in this exam.
As the exam is approaching students have to fasten their seat belts and have to prepare hard for it. Since there is very less time left, it is necessary to utilize the remaining time in the most efficient manner. Because of growing competition, students start preparing for this exam even before the official notification. But there are many aspirants who are not able to devote sufficient time to the exam preparation.
The question which arises here is How much time is needed to prepare for this exam?
Most of the candidates will say 6 months or more but PrepLadder can help you prepare for SSC CGL exam in two months if you follow our approach.
Yes, any aspirant can crack this examination in two months. PrepLadder brings to you the most valuable and thoroughly searched tips that will really help you in preparing for this exam. Our blog will help students in preparation who are not able to devote much time for studies and want to get selected for this government exam. If you will follow the below mentioned two-month study plan and adhere to the tips and tricks explained, we guarantee that you can make this miracle happen.
Let’s have a look at the pattern of the exam.
SSC CGL exam comprises of two stages:
Tier - I Exam
Tier - II Exam
These two exams have different weight ages. Tier – I is of 200 marks and Tier – 2 is of 400 marks.
The Tier – 1 exam will be of this type
Total No. of questions
General intelligence & reasoning
Aspirants are required to make a time schedule so that they can spend the required time on each section.
Daily Duration (Hours)
Let’s have a look at the strategy to be followed to prepare for individual sections of SSC CGL 2017
Syllabus for reasoning is as follows
- Classification based
- Coding Decoding
- Word Formation
- Arranging words in logical order
- Venn diagrams
- Directions and distance
- Blood relations
- Missing Number
- Non Verbal reasoning
- Verbal reasoning
Tips to prepare Reasoning are as follows
- Collect your study material and solve 50 questions daily. Practice will surely help you to get yourself ready in 2 months
- There are some topics in reasoning that are very scoring like Puzzles, analogy, coding-decoding, series, figure-based questions, etc. Solve questions from these sections as much as you can. They will help you in improving your overall percentile.
- Reasoning demands the capability to imagine. The more good you are at imagining more you will be able to score.
- Mock tests are a must. Solve as much practice papers as you can. They will enhance your confidence and will help you in accuracy and time management
- Prepare notes for static GK. This includes Culture, Indian History, Geography, Environment, Economy, and Politics.
- Be aware of your weak and strong areas. This will help you to plan your strategy well.
Following topics, are covered in Mathematics syllabus:
- Ratio and proportion
- Problems on Ages
- Speed, time and distance
- Profit and Loss
- Number Series
- Data Interpretation
- Time and Work
- Mixture problems
Tips to prepare mathematics are as follows
- Since quant is one of the challenging section, it needs to be focused deeply. It is difficult because of its complexity and time consumption.
- Look for short cuts to do every type of question. It will improve your efficiency.
- Attempt one mock test daily.
- Work on your tables. Memorize squares and cubes.
- The topics that are easy and can let you score high are Simplification, interest, percentages, ratio and proportion and age-problems. Practice them well as they need less effort but will provide you good results.
- Your formula should be on your tips.
- Whatever you practice, practice it in a set time limit.
III. English Language
Syllabus for English is as follows
- Reading Comprehension
- Fill in the blanks
- Phrase or idiom meaning
- One word substitution
- Sentence correction
- Error Spotting
Tips to prepare English Language are as follows
- The English language has three main aspects: grammar, vocabulary and reading comprehension.
- Your basic grammar concepts should be clear like tenses, articles, prepositions, Degrees of Comparison, Subject-Verb Agreement, Conjunctions, Parts of Speech, Standard Construction, Adverbs, Number in Nouns, etc.
- Memorize the grammar rules. They will help you a lot.
- Improve your reading. Read newspapers and magazines. It will improve your synonyms and antonyms.
- Practice 10 comprehension passages daily. Also solve questions from previous year papers.
IV. General Awareness
Syllabus for General awareness is as follows
- Static GK
- Current affairs
- People in News
- Books and authors
- Important dates
Tips to prepare General awareness are as follows
- Since there is no particular syllabus for general awareness. You need to explore from where you can grab the content. The Internet is filled with information and one should use it to prepare for general awareness.
- The most effective method is to read the newspaper. It will keep you updated about what all is happening in the word.
- You can even have subscriptions of books based on GK. A few publications provide books on current matters and common information.
- Make notes on dates, events, books, and authors for a quick revision.
Above all these valuable tips, practicing mock tests is a strong recommendation as it will help you a lot in all sections.
"You can't climb the Ladder of Success with your hands in your pocket"