Everybody desires to have a job, a job that promises job security, high emoluments, high stature, fixed working time and also all the national holidays. Aspirants find their desires can be fulfilled through the government sector jobs, so they prepare for it. Lakhs of students prepare for various entrance exams every year to bag the much coveted government or banking sector job. However, the rigorous examinations ensure that only the deserving handful get recruited.
We have come up with the list of top 10 recruitment exams conducted nationwide for the recruitment to most coveted jobs.
Top 10 recruitment exams 2016
Given below are the top 10 exams with all the necessary details of the exam.
1. IBPS PO Exam
The job of a bank probationary officer (PO) would pave the way for a great future in the banking sector.
A bank PO post is an entry level position. Typically a 2 year probation period or training will be needed before one is accepted as an Assistant Manager or joins a branch.
The job profile requires general banking and banking administration skills, good communication skills to calmly resolve conflicts, supervision of clerical work, and increasing bank business with better services.
Expected date of notification: July 2016
Expected date of examination: October 2016 (preliminary) and November 2016 (Mains)
2. SBI PO Exam
The State Bank of India is a huge bank with branches in remote corners of the country and caters to every banking requirement. Bigger roles and responsibilities also give rise to bigger learning opportunities here.
The 2-year probation period in the beginning might involve frequent trainings and transfers.
The job profile will involve general banking tasks, administrative responsibilities, along with a marketing focus, which is prominent in SBI.
Expected date of notification: April 2016
Expected date of examination: June 2016 (preliminary) and August 2016 (Mains)
Also Read: Top 10 toughest exams of 2015
3. SSC CGL
The Staff Selection Commission conducts Combined Graduate Level Examination (SSC CGL) to fill vacancies at different Central Civil posts, and different ministries as well.
The CGL exam is conducted for group B and C cadre posts. The vacancies likely to come up this year along with their job profiles are given below:
- Examiner- Access and examine goods, take samples, examine import and export cargo and levy charges for the same. This is an inspector post and is an all-time coastal job
- Assistant CSS- Dealing with various governmental work files. Posting would be in various ministries in Delhi
- Preventive Officer- Office postings would involve dealing with files and paperwork, while field postings would involve keeping a lookout for possible smugglers, similar to the working of a customs preventive officer. This is an inspector post.
- Income Tax Inspector- Work related to assessment and non-assessment of tax, TDS, along with accompanying of a raid team
- Central Excise Inspector- Executive work such as central excise and service tax augmentation, detecting tax evasion etc.
- Assistant in MEA & Assistant- Possible foreign postings, along with lucrative facilities such as accommodation, children's education etc.
- Assistant Enforcement Officer- Field postings will involve executive work such as money laundering prevention, conducting searches on suspected persons and premises, seizing incriminating materials etc. This is an inspector post with round the clock duty.
- Sub-Inspector in CBI- Regular tasks of an inspector position will be involved. Weapons won't be issued unless carrying out tasks in dangerous places
- Inspector of Posts- Selling Postal Life Insurance with a fixed target
- Auditor- This is a non-interview post, with recruitment under CAG and CGDA departments.
Date of notification: 13th February 2016
Date of examination: 8th, 22nd May 2016 (Tier 1) and August 2016 (Tier 2)
4. UPSC Civil Services Examination
Civil Servants are the main personnel behind major government decisions. Union and the State Secretariats as well as the district administrations throughout the country are headed by Civil Service Officers.
Civil Service officers are general managers who cater to a wide range of duties such as maintaining law and order, collecting taxes, developmental work within State and Central jurisdiction, implementing social welfare activities, etc.
The various posts at which recruitment takes place are:
- Indian Administrative Services (IAS)
- Indian Police Service (IPS)
- Indian Foreign Service (IFS)
- Indian Postal Service (IPS)
- Indian Audit and Accounts Services (IA & AS)
- Indian Railway Service (IRS)
- Indian Civil Accounts Services (ICAS)
- Indian Customs and General Excise Services (IC & GES)
- Indian Revenue Service Officers (IRSO)
- Indian Ordinance Factories Services
- Indian Information Service (IIS)
Expected date of notification: April 2016
Expected date of examination: August 2016
5. RBI Grade B Examination
This job will give you a lot of learning opportunities regarding the economy, such as, about inflation and corruption, and also about IMF, World Bank etc. in detail.
You need to pass an exam and an interview conducted by RBI officers, in order to qualify. The highest posts which can be filled through the exam are that of the RBI Grade B officers-an entry level officer position post for management cadre. Governor posts are booked for IAS officers only.
Expected date of notification: June 2016
Expected date of examination: August 2016 (Pre) and October 2016 (Mains)
6. IBPS Specialist Officer
The Specialist Officer recruitment is yet another prime job opportunity from IBPS. Specialist Officers, as the name suggests, are appointed to specific departments for specialised roles, according to their educational background.
Job profile for different posts:
- IT Officer: Taking care of the software systems in the banks
- Law Officer: Handling the bank's legal and judicial matters
- Agriculture Officer: Promoting loans in rural areas for agricultural purposes
- Marketing Officer: Taking care of the bank's marketing and branding
- HR Officer: Handling the functions of the Human Resource Department
- Rajbhasha Adhikari: Translating related works.
Date of notification and exam: Not yet declared
7. LIC AAO
The job of an Assistant Administrative Officer (AAO) is considered a very respectable one. Administration, Development and Accounts areas can be selected from, for the AAO post.
The job profile involves purchasing and maintaining various financial, administrative and personal services, carrying out work and purchase inquiries, and preparing and scrutinizing the bills for payment.
The AAO post is of the Class I officer group. A probation-cum-training period of 6 months will be applicable in the beginning. Dynamic officers at posts such as Administrative Officers, Senior Administrative Officers, Chief Administrative Officer and Director, Administration etc. will get good career advancement opportunities.
Job profiles for different areas:
- Administration AAO- Handling policy making and policy claims, filing official returns and statements to higher regional offices, checking clauses and details etc.
- Development AAO- Marketing and business procurement, policy promotion, getting contracts etc.
- Accounts AAO- Managing the corporation's income and expenditure
Date of notification: January 2016
Date of examination: 5th, 6th, 13th March 2016
8. IBPS and SBI Clerk
Clerks serve as the first point of contact for any new visitor or customer. There are no interviews for clerical posts from 2016.
Basic six months training would precede the main working.
The job profile involves working at withdrawal and deposit counters, verifying cheques and issuing demand drafts, receipts collection, ledger maintenance, balance tally & other transactions that must be keyed in the computer systems. Clerks may also need to take up marketing responsibilities such as those of financial products like loans, deposits and schemes.
Date of notification: February 2016 for SBI Clerk and August 2016 for IBPS Clerk
Date of examination: May 2016 for SBI Clerk and Nov-Dec 2016 for IBPS Clerk.
9. Indian Railways
This is the largest department of the central government in the country. Every year, recruitments are carried out for a vast number of posts. The best opportunity for graduates would be the RRB Non Technical Recruitment 2016.
The Indian Railways has released SSE, JE and Special recruitment drive for non- technical under graduate posts for the year 2015-16. The Ministry of Railways and Railway Recruitment Cells are also open to applications from eligible Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) for the 1844 Group 'D' vacancies.
Various posts are applicable under the RRB NTPC:
- Commercial Apprentice (CA)
- Traffic Apprentice (TA)
- Goods Guard
- Junior Accountant cum Amanuensis (Typist) (JAA)
- Assistant Station Master (ASM)
- Senior Clerk cum Typist
- Traffic Assistant
- Enquiry cum Reservation Clerk
- Senior Time Keeper
Expected date of examination: March to May
The Teacher Eligibility Test recruitment is conducted by both, Central and State governments, done for all levels of education in government schools that is, upper, middle as well as lower levels of education.
Candidates should have the minimum of a graduate degree in any discipline from a recognised university. Post graduation degrees and doctorates will be an added advantage to your profile.
- Uttar Pradesh TET
- Haryana TET
- Central TET
- Arunachal TET
- Rajasthan TET
Date of notification: Throughout the year
Date of examination: Throughout the year