It feels harder to fill the online application form for UPSC Civil Services as compared to actually preparing for the exam. PrepLadder is at your rescue. After the UPSC Notification was out on 23rd May, 2015, you can apply for the exam online. There is no offline option to apply for UPSC CSE 2015. Read the changes made by UPSC in 2015 before filling the exam form.
Follow this step by step tutorial to fill your application form:
(1) Open UPSC's official website: www.upsconline.nic.in.
(2) Click on "ONLINE APPLICATION FOR VARIOUS EXAMINATIONS OF UPSC"
You will now see the following screen.
(3) There are 2 registration options: Part 1 and Part 2.
Do not get confused. Click on Part 1
Part 1 will ask for your basic details like your name, education qualifications etc.
Part 2 will ask you to Payment, Centre choice and Photograph and Signature.
(4) When you click on Part 1, you will see the below screen.
Read the instructions and scroll down.
Have You Read & Understood all 'Important Instructions and Detailed Instructions'.
Click yes to proceed further.
(5) Fill in your personal details, education qualifications and address. Fields marked with (*) are compulsory and should be filled to proceed.
Click on Continue to proceed.
You cannot change details like Centre of examination, optional subjects. medium of examination, compulsory Indian language for Civil Services (Main) Examination once submitted so fill them carefully in the next step.
(6) In the next step, if you are claiming age relaxation Select Yes else select No and proceed.
(7) Fill in the form in the next step.
(8) After you have filled all the details, you can verify them if they were entered correctly. If you need to change any information, you can click on Update button. (No editing is possible after this step, so carefully check all the details) and confirm.
Your application Part 1 is now complete. You can close the window now.
Part 2 of registration
Once Part 1 of registration is complete, go back to first screen of UPSC registration process and click on Part - II registration.
A majority of web browsers will display the following messages on the screen.
To proceed further, click on "I Understand the Risks" => "Add Exception" => "Confirm Security Exception".
Part 2 of registration will now actually start.
(1) To continue with Part 2, you need your Registration-Id and date of birth. Registration ID can be copied from email you will receive from UPSC.
(2) Now, you need to select your preferred payment option and make a payment. This is not applicable for candidates who do not need to pay a fee to apply for the examination.
(3) After the payment is complete, you need to select your exam center.
(4) Then you need to upload your photograph and signature.
- Your photograph and signature should not be hazy or illegible.
- The photograph should contain only your photo without any mark like signature etc.
Click “Upload Image” to finish your IAS exam registration process.
Ask us your doubts in the comments section below.