If you are not preparing through coaching classes and are self studying for IAS Examination then no doubt the basis of your study is books and institute/online study material. Questions like
“What is the winning strategy for IAS Prelims?
Am I including all the important aspects of preparation?”
keep creeping the minds of exam aspirants.
Less than 100 Days Left. How should I prepare for IAS Prelims?
1. If you have set some personal goals while preparing for IAS and have met the same with hard and smart work then you are surely on the right track of preparation. Set some time bound big goals and their sub goals and at the end check with sincere introspection if you have met them partially or fully.
2. These days online platforms are coming up with preparation groups, study material and test series which help you in knowing your status of preparation. Take their test during your revision to know your score in competition with other students across the country. Scoring high rank in the online test series of IAS examination is another way to gauge if you are on the right track of preparation.
Also Read: Does online Preparation for IAS make sense?
3. Try to form a small study group that discusses doubts and preparation strategies on a weekly basis. The group must preferably have students from diverse backgrounds so that you can help each other better.
4. Talk to someone who has cleared the exam in the recent past. That person will be able to better guide you about how to prepare for Civil Services Exam. Remember that we all have our own strengths and weaknesses and our own pace of learning. At the end you are on your own. Donot blindly rely on success stories published in newspapers and magazines that tell you that daily self study of 18 hours and preparation since class 8 got them success. For most of us, that is impossible.
5. Select your Books very wisely. Donot go through large number of books rather prefer going thorough one quality book at a time. Standard Books guide you as a teacher in a coaching class and also save your precious time. Read one standard newspaper on daily basis, journals, and various periodicals for your General knowledge.
6. Besides standard books, solving previous years question papers. Get yourself familiar with the whole exam pattern and as soon as you do this it will reduce your burden of preparing.
7. Prepare short notes to be revised at the end when preparing a topic for the first time. Prepare point wise, short notes of the important topics will help you save time when you revise just before the examination.
8. At the last minute donot read any new topic. This will lead to confusion and anxiety. Donot go through any new books at the last minute. This might lead to stress at last minute and you have to be relaxed just before the examination to perform well. Do not get stuck at a problem at the last minute of which you can’t find solution to, as this will lead to wastage of time. Your previous hard work will bring rich results.
If you follow the above dedicatedly you are sure to make through the CSE Prelims. Follow and like PrepLadder on Facebook and attempt PrepLadder’s Mock Free Prelims Test Series for CSE Examination 2015 to Predict your All India Rank for Prelims 2015. Lots of Good Luck in advance!