We have received many queries regarding age limit for UPSC 2015 examination. So, we have summarized the age limit and age relaxation queries in this article to help aspirants understand how UPSC will check if you are eligible for giving 2015 exam or not.
Q. How Is Age Calculated for UPSC Civil Services Examination 2015?
On 1st August 2015, your age should be between 21 years and 32 years.
That means, your date of birth should come after 1st August 1983 and before 1st August 1994.
Q. What is the upper age limit for UPSC CSE Examination in year 2015 for different categories?
Upper age Limit in UPSC CSE examination for year 2015 for different categories is:
|General category||32 years|
|Ex - Servicemen||37 years|
|J&K Domiciled persons||37 years|
|Blind/Deaf/Mute/Orthopedically Handicapped persons||42 years|
|Defence Personnel||35 years|
Q. I gave my CSE exam in 2011. Am I eligible to attempt the examination in 2015?
Any Candidate who appeared in Civil Services examination, 2011 but is otherwise ineligible for Civil Service Examination,2015, because he/she has attained the upper age limit on 1st August 2015 or has completed the number of attempts shall be permitted an additional attempt in Civil Services Examination 2015.
Q. What are the number of attempts to appear in UPSC CSE examination 2015, for different Categories?
The number of attempts to appear in UPSC Examination 2015:
|Ex - Servicemen||6|
|J&K Domiciled persons||6|
|Blind/Deaf/Mute and Physically handicapped people||9|
Q. Which Certificates are considered by UPSC to calculate my age?
USPC will consider the below certificates which has date of birth mentioned in it. You need to submit one of the mentioned certificates to prove your date of birth.
- Matriculation or Secondary School leaving certificate
- Certificate recognized by an Indian University as equivalent to matriculation
- Extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University (certified by the proper authority)
Q. When do i need to submit my date of birth certificate?
You are required to submit your date of birth certificate only at the time of applying for the Civil Services (Main) Examination.
Q. If you are other than the General Category, how is age relaxation calculated?
If you are trying to calculate your age for UPSC Civil Services Examination then, you must have attained the age of 21 years and should not have attained the age of 32 years - on 1st August,2015.It means that the candidate must have been born not earlier than 1st August 1983 for maximum age limit and not later than 1st August,1994, for minimum age limit.
- The upper age limit detailed above will be relaxable upto a maximum of 5 years in case a candidate belongs to SC/ST(Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe)
- Upto a maximum of 3 years in case of candidates belonging to OBCs(Other Backward Classes) who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.
- Upto a maximum of 5 years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from the 1st January 1980 to the 31st December,1989.
- Upto a maximum of 3 years in the case of Defence services Personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof.
- Upto a maximum of 5 years in case of ex –servicemen including commissioned officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered atleast 5 years Military service as on 1st August,2015.
- Upto a maximum of 5 years in case of ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of 5 years Military service as on 1ST August,2015.
- Upto a maximum of 10 years in case of blind,deaf – mute and orthopaedically handicapped persons.
If you have any questions, please write to us in the comments section below.