Online test series is gaining a lot of popularity among Civil Services students these days. Online test series is for everyone who wants to appear for UPSC Civil Services Examination; it doesn’t matter whether you are taking coaching classes or are self–studying, a good online test series is designed for everyone.
With a good online test series a candidate gets well acquainted with the pattern of the actual examination and gets real time exposure to the competition before the exam.
But which test series for Prelims is worth Investing in?
Features of a Good Online test series are:
1. A good online test series provides freedom and flexibility to attempt a particular test anytime. That means you can take a test when you are available to take it. You have the freedom to schedule a test as per your convenience.
2. An efficient UPSC preparation test series gives you an opportunity to compare your level of preparedness with your counterparts or fellow candidates and also gives you a realistic ranking score from amongst the candidates preparing from all over the country.
3. An advanced online test series gives you an elaborate analysis of your overall performance and in different sections.It gives you a detailed performance analysis and improvement suggestions after you attempt the exam.
A good online test series is one which tells you about your strengths and weaknesses and provides you with improvement graphs. Candidate can thus alter preparation according to the evaluation being provided.
4. Go for Quality and not Quantity. The number of tests you will be provided in the test series does not matter as compared to the quality of the test paper.
You can check the quality of questions in the free trial pack and fromthere on judge the quality of questions that would be provided in the paid versions. Don’t go for packs that provide 50 test papers in Rs. 250. You have enough test papers in your books. Look for something extra!
5. For a test series to be considered a good one it should have large number of aspirants taking the same test across the country. Don’t rely on rankings provided by online tests of your coaching institute. Their ranking is greatly skewed towards students from the institute itself. Look for test series which has participants from all over the country.
6. A good online test series will give you inputs on time management. It will tell you where you need to spend more time or where you need to spend lesser time. Practice of mock online test series helps to manage time in a better way.Attempting all questions in a given time frame is no child’s play and especially taking in account the number of questions asked in regard to the time available. Solving online test series makes things easier. The better you practice the better are chances of solving the paper in given time frame.
7. A good test series motivates you to perform better in the next test by sharing with you the marks of your peers. It compares your marks with the marks of an average performer in the test and that of the test topper. It tells you where you are and where you must reach. A leader board will motivate the top performers to keep working hard to maintain their position.
8. Students from all walks of life can attempt an online test series which is quite affordable. Not everyone is ready to shell out Rs. 4000-5000 for a test series. A good test series will be affordable for all so that it promotes maximum participation of candidates from diverse economic backgrounds.
Because of the afore-mentioned reasons, think carefully before investing you time and money in a Prelims online test series. Try a practice test of UPSC CSE Prelims 2015 before buying a paid package.
Sufficient practice plays an important role in securing good marks and a satisfactory rank in the CSE Prelims examination. Try PrepLadder’s Free Mock Test Series 2015 and check your status of preparedness or performance amongst your peers.
Every feature you have just read is present in the UPSC Civil Services Prelims Test Series [Launching on 16th June, 2015] by PrepLadder. Stay tuned. For more information, refer to the following link: