IBPS PO Mains exam would be held on 20th Nov, 2016. In this post we will share Key strategies to score fairly good marks in IBPS-PO Mains 2016.
We will begin with providing a Practical Expert Strategy Model towards scoring an ideally high score in IBPS-PO Mains 2016.
Expert Strategy Model to Score an Ideal Score in IBPS-PO Mains
For cracking sectional cut – off and boosting your score we suggest you try this practical EXPERT STRATEGY MODEL to attempt IBPS PO Mains question paper.
No. of Questions
Time allocated for each section (mins)
We would advise you to first try the above mentioned Expert Strategy in various mock tests and examine changes in your scores. Based on the analysis you can decide that from which section you have to start the exam, and how you need to change the time per section to improve your score. One strategy cannot suit everyone!
Also read: Expected Cut –off for IBPS PO Mains
Concrete Tips shared by IBPS-PO 2015 toppers
We felt that it’s not just the teachers but real IBPS-PO toppers who can better guide you about how you must attempt the IBPS-PO exam in 2016 so you can score marks above 105 and get a bank of your choice. So here are some tips:
1. Manage Time Prudently
Another factor in cracking IBPS PO Mains is the judicious time management. Always adhere to the famous quote: “A minute saved is a minute earned”
- “While in the examination hall, ideal time to be spent per section will depend upon your strengths and weaknesses. Spend 75% - 80% of the time, solving the questions from your strong areas so that you are able to boost your overall score. Once you are over with solving questions from your strong areas, move onto the weak areas and solve questions from them to stretch your overall attempt and score to the best possible limit possible,” shares Rohan Narang.
- Do not forget about the sectional cut –off.
- In the last week, i.e., just before the exam, practice only online mocks and analyze them thoroughly.
- Because you have limited time, start with revising the important topics first and then revise the other less important topics.
You can read additional Tips on Time Management that can help you score at least 15 marks extra in IBPS PO Mains.
2. Order in which different sections should be attempted
You should first attempt the section you are most strong at followed by your lesser strong areas.
In case you want to know IBPS iv topper Mohit Gupta’s strategy, in that case you can adhere to the following points:
- Starting the paper with computers would be an ideal thing to do. It comprises of questions on basics of computer applications. Ideally you should be able to complete this section in time duration of 10 minutes.
- Next in line should be your General Awareness section as here you can solve 30 –35 questions out of 40 in around 15-17 minutes. If you have your GK Facts intact at your fingertips, then you can answer questions fast without having to waste time in guesswork.
- After G.K. and computers, you would be left with roughly 95-100 minutes to attempt the remaining 140 questions. Start with your strongest section as this will boost your confidence and help you build your speed. Divide your time as recommended above (In the EXPERT STRATEGY MODEL) so that you can attempt a fair number of questions in the remaining 3 sections.
3. Don’t revise the entire syllabus
At the last moment you should not waste your time in revising the entire syllabus. Rather focus on the following topics from various sections –
- Seating Arrangements
- Input Output
- Coding Decoding
- Reading Comprehension
- Para Jumbles
- Vocabulary and Grammar
- Data Interpretation
- Number Series
- Data Sufficiency
- Quadratic Equations
For Inputs in this section, go through current affairs of past 4-5 months thoroughly. If you are clueless about General Awareness preparation, read tips here: How to prepare GK in One Month.
4. Do adequate practice
The more the time is spent in practicing; the better will be the efficiency in the examination.
- Practice Mock Tests – Practice Online Mock tests on the basis of above mentioned strategies. After you solve the mock tests, analyze & examine your test along with the strategy applied. Do sectional practice separately to analyze your mastery over a particular section.
- Practice and solve past year papers for IBPS PO as its practice will lead to giving you an idea about the types of questions and pattern of the Examination.
Test your preparation with PrepLadders IBPS PO test series and check your performance against other contenders competing all over the country.
View Offer Details