“Important Topics for SBI-PO Prelims” has been the top search on Google ever since SBI had released notification for recruitment of 2200 PO posts. This has been certainly a good news for all banking aspirants, keeping in mind the numerous benefits of an SBI-PO job. With SBI PO exam just 1 month away, our team decided to devise a detailed list to guide our readers about the topics which are important from SBI PO Prelim 2016 perspective.
Important topics from SBI-PO Prelims 2016 perspective:
Our experts have prepared this data through careful analysis of previous year papers and as per the new pattern of examination.
Let’s have a look at the most important topics for SBI-PO Prelims 2016, section wise:
1. Important topics for SBI-PO Prelims: Reasoning Ability
Reasoning ability is a test of candidate’s intellectual and problem-solving ability. This section will comprise of 35 questions.
The following list highlights the topics important from SBI-PO Prelims examination perspective.
- Seating Arrangement
- Series Problems
- Coding Decoding
- Direction Sense Test
- Blood Relations
- Data Sufficiency
Always start with questions which appear easy to you and do not get stuck in lengthy and confusing questions. You can score high in this section if you attempt questions in correct order.
Recommended order of attempt is as follows
- Coding – Decoding
- Miscellaneous Questions
- Linear Arrangement
- Circular Seating Arrangement
If you wish to attempt the questions in a different order, test it well via mock tests before the actual exam. It is wrong to go undecided and waste precious time during the exam.
Also Read: SBI-PO Prelims expected cut-off
2. Important topics for SBI-PO Prelims: Quantitative Aptitude
Quant is highly scoring, yet a time challenging section. This section comprises of 35 questions. The key to score high in Quant is first attempt questions which are easy. Do not get stuck in lengthy calculations as it would waste valuable time.
Here is a list of important topics that you can’t afford to skip while preparing:
- Data Interpretation
- Number Systems
- Number Series
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest
- Time & Work
- Time & Distance
- Profit & Loss
- Ratio and Proportion
Expert analysis suggests that Quant questions be attempted in the following order:
- Data Interpretation : Questions based on DI are usually easy to solve , most scoring and do not involve heavy calculations. Hence, these can be attempted with a fresh mind, earliest in this section.
- Simplification/ Approximation: These questions carry high weight age so they must be attempted at an earlier phase in the examination.
- Miscellaneous Questions: These includes a variety of topics like profit and loss, percentage, ratio and proportion, Average, Time and Distance, probability, etc. You must attempt these questions based on your level of preparation.
Expert Interview: Mr. Deepinder Singh guides you for Quant preparation in 1 month.
3. Important topics for SBI-PO Prelims: English
This section comprises of 30 questions. It is true that most candidates are either weak or average in this section. Those who feel that their English vocabulary is not good, can focus on the following topics while preparing for SBI-PO Prelims 2016:
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze test
- Para jumbles
- Fill in the blanks
- Error Correction
Recommended order of attempt is as follows:
- Fill in the Blanks
- Cloze test
- Sentence Improvement
- Antonyms & Synonyms
- Reading Comprehension
You can improve your English Language by developing a habit of reading an English newspaper/magazine daily. You should also practice a variety of questions on various topics to enhance your English language.
Hope that the readers will get aware about important topics after going through this article.
Best Wishes !
View Offer Details