SBI PO Prelims 2017 exam is just around the corner. With the exam just a few days away, it is the time for sound preparation and revision.
Those who have just started preparing and don’t have much time to spend on English, what to know what exactly is asked in this section. This article will highlight the type of questions epected to be asked in English Language Section of SBI PO Prelims 2017 along with their weight age.
SBI PO Prelims 2017: English Language Questions asked
The English Language section will comprise of 30 Questions carrying 30 marks weight age. Though nothing can be said for sure about what questions will be asked in the exam, but based on English questions asked in last 3 yeasr SBI-PO papers, some topics have been asked repeatedly.
Questions will be asked from the following topics:
- Reading Comprehension – 10 questions
- Cloze Test – 5 questions – 5 questions
- Sentence Correction – 5 questions
- Spot the Error – 5 questions
- Fill in the Blanks – 5 questions
- Para Jumbles – 5 questions
One out of the above mentioned topics will be skipped in the exam to bring the total to 30 questions. The topic usually skipped is one out of:
- Sentence Correction
- Spot the Error
- Fill in the Blanks
Section-Wise Preparation Tips for SBI PO Prelims 2017
Now that you know what is expected in English section of SBI-PO Prelims, you mus know how to prepare these topics in the limited time:
- Reading Comprehension : This is the topic which carries maximum weightage in the English section. Questions from reading comprehension are passage based questions but 2-4 questions are vocabulary based too. Here the meaning/ synonym/ antonym of a word from the passage is asked, taking the difficulty level of the exam up a notch. The recommended way of solving questions based on Reading Comprehension (RC) is to read the passage carefully. You must then review the questions one by one and read the passage to find the answers. Skimming and scanning technique will help you to find answers quickly.
- Cloze Test: This is a highly scoring topic which requires almost no prior practice. If you know the basic cloze test solving techniques, you can filter out the options which look unfit for the blank.
- Fill in the Blanks: The easiest way to answer these is by applying option elimination method. This way you can easily determine the option which best fit the statement. These fill in the blanks usually test your grammar and not your vocabulary.
- Sentence Correction/ Spotting the Error: These questions can be answered correctly only if you have sound Grammar Skills. Practice large number of questions based on error spotting and sentence correction to attain a firm grip on this topic. If you face any issues, use spotting errors tips while solving.
Tips to Prepare English Language Section Of SBI PO Prelims 2017
Those who are not so good at English, can still improve if they apply the following tips:
- Inculcate Reading Habit: You must develop the habit of reading an English Newspaper, Editorials, Novels, etc on a regular basis. This will greatly help you improve your vocabulary and also improvise your Grammar skills. If these things don’t interest you, then you can pick out from these creative English improvement ideas.
- Practice: You must practice a mixed bag of questions related to various topics. This will help you master this section. Practice questions on varied difficulty levels so that you are prepared for the Prelims and Mains both.
- Analyze Previous Year Papers: You must analyze and solve the previous year papers. This will you identify the pattern of questions and difficulty level.
- Take Online Mock Test Series: You must attempt mock test series on a regular basis prior to appearing for the exam. This will help you evaluate your preparation level and will help you identify weak areas.
We hope that you have now identified your preparation loop-holes by now and have decided to make place for English section as well. If you have any queries, feel free to contact us via the comments section below..
Also Read: How to improve your English score by 200%?
View Offer Details