We are just left with 15-20 days for SBI PO Mains 2017 exam . Its a high time to starting preparing for General Awareness section.Candidates who will qualify the Prelims will find it difficult to prepare the extremely vast syllabi of General Awareness section from scratch.
Therefore, a smart and selective study that starts even before the Prelims result is the only key to preparation.
Important Topics For General/ Economic/ Banking Awareness Section:
As per the latest exam pattern, General Awareness section would comprise of 40 Questions to be answered within the time frame of 35 Minutes.
We will highlight the selective topics to be prepared under this section along with their weight age from the examination perspective.
1. Current Affairs Section:
Expert analysis suggests that 33 to 35 % of questions are asked from this section in the exam. You must prepare current affairs of at least previous 6 months if not 1 year.
From the examination perspective, following topics are important under this section.
- National Current Affairs: Under this section, cover the following topics:
- Union Budget
- Schemes introduced by Government
- Important Appointments
- National and State Elections
- India’s ranking in different indices
- Agreements signed by the Centre with other countries
- International Current Affairs
- Awards and Honours
- Personalities / Persons in News/ Deaths
- Sport news at National and Global level
- Defence, Science and Technology
2. Banking/Economic/Financial Current Affairs Section
Expert analysis suggests that 28 to 30% of questions are asked from this section. Make sure that you prepare following topics from this section:
- Awareness of Financial Organisations like SBI, RBI and SEBI with their functions
- Awareness of FDI limits in different sectors
- Awareness of Export & Import items
- Credit Rating agencies at National and Global level
- Review of RBI Monetary scheme
- Awareness of Stock Exchange
- Banking and Finance Schemes launched by the Government
- Awareness of business news related to Mergers, Acquisitions and Buyouts
- Announcements made by RBI and other banks
3. Banking/Economic/Financial Static Affairs Section
Expert analysis suggests that nearly 28 to 30 % of questions are covered under this section. Important topics are listed below:
- Awareness of History of Banking system in India
- Role Of RBI in Indian Banking System
- Awareness of Financial Terms like GDP, GNP, Mutual Funds, PPP, Repo Rate, Reverse Repo, etc
- Brief Knowledge of Foreign Exchange Reserves of India
- Different types of Accounts and Interest Rates
- Brief awareness about organizations like RBI, NABARD, Planning Commission, Finance Commission and World Bank
- Knowledge of Banking services like Assets, Liabilities, NEFT, RTGS
- Awareness of Banking Abbreviations, terms and concepts
- Knowledge of Headquarters of Banks
- Awareness about types of Markets, Money and Banking Instruments
- Awareness of Non-Banking Financial Companies
- Awareness of currency history and updates
- Knowledge of Reverse Mortgage Loans
- Awareness of Priority Sector Lending
4. Static Affairs Section
Only 5 to 10 % of questions are asked from this section. Important Topics from this section are listed below:
- Brief Knowledge of Indian History
- Brief awareness of Indian Geography with emphasis on Indian Rivers, Dams, Crops, National Parks, etc
- Brief emphasis on Inventions and Discoveries
- Knowledge of Books and Author
We hope these topics will help you narrow down your attention to only what is most important. This is the time for smart work so prepare intelligently.
View Offer Details