IBPS-PO Prelims exam 2016 starts from today. It will be conducted in 4 slots i.e. 9AM, 11:30AM, 2 PM and 4:30 PM. The exam for the first slot is over now. Overall, the 1st Slot was of MODERATE Difficulty LEVEL. In this post, PrepLadder is providing you the detailed analysis of the 1st slot.
Pattern of IBPS-PO Pre-Exam 2016
No. of questions
Detailed analysis of all sections of first slot (2016)
1. English Language
Most students found this section of the exam easy to moderate. All questions were on previous year pattern and there were no surprises as expected.
- Reading Comprehension – 7 questions
- Cloze test- 8 questions
- Spotting Errors- 10 questions
- Para jumbles – 5 questions
2. Quantitative aptitude
This section was of almost similar difficulty level as SBI-PO Prelims 2016. Calculations in DI questions made this section time consuming for most of the candidates.
- Number Series – 5 questions
- Approximation – 5 questions (Easy)
- Data Interpretation (2 Sets) – 10 Questions
- One DI on Line Graph (Easy)
- One Missing DI (% in Arts, Commerce,etc) (Moderate)
- Quadratic equations- 5 questions (Easy)
- Miscellaneous questions – 10 questions (it included -average, Partnership, Percentage, Allegation & Mixtures, Profit & Loss, Boat & streams, problems on ages etc.)
Must Read: How to save time while solving DI question?
3. Reasoning Ability
This section was of moderate difficulty level. Most of the puzzles were time consuming. Candidates appearing next week must practice these thoroughly.
- Syllogism – 5 questions
- Inequality – 5 questions (Easy)
- Sitting arrangement ( Circular) – 5 questions
- Linear arrangement (North South) – 5 questions (Easy)
- Puzzle - 5 questions (Floor wise)
- Coding-Decoding – 5 questions
- Blood Relation – 3 questions
- Miscellaneous – 3 questions (it included ranking, direction etc.)
Those who have already taken the exam or are going to appear for it in the coming weeks must take a look at the cut-off predictions for IBPS-PO Prelims 2016.
View Offer Details