IBPS-PO Prelims exam 2016 started last week. The exam for the first slot for 22nd October is over now. Overall, today's 1st Slot was of MODERATE Difficulty LEVEL. In this post, PrepLadder is providing you the detailed analysis of the 1st slot.
Detailed analysis of all sections of first slot (2016)
1. English Language
Most students found this section of the exam easy to moderate. All questions were on previous year pattern and there were no surprises as expected.
- Reading Comprehension – 8 questions
- Cloze test- 7 questions
- Spotting Errors- 10 questions
- Para jumbles – 5 questions
2. Quantitative aptitude
This section was of almost similar difficulty level as SBI-PO Prelims 2016. Calculations in DI questions made this section time consuming for most of the candidates.
- Number Series – 5 questions
- Simplification and Approximation – 5 questions (Easy)
- Data Interpretation (2 Sets) – 10 Questions
- Quadratic equations- 5 questions (Easy)
- Miscellaneous questions – 10 questions (it included -average, Partnership, Percentage, Allegation & Mixtures, Profit & Loss, Boat & streams, problems on ages etc.)
3. Reasoning Ability
This section was of moderate difficulty level. Most of the puzzles were time consuming. Candidates appearing next week must practice these thoroughly.
- Syllogism – 5 questions
- Inequality – 5 questions (Easy)
- Sitting arrangement (Circular with two parameters) – 5 questions
- Linear arrangement (North South) – 5 questions (Easy)
- Puzzle - 5 questions (Floor wise)
- Miscellaneous – 10 questions (it included ranking, blood relations, direction etc.)
Those who have already taken the exam or are going to appear for it in the coming weeks must take a look at the cut-off predictions for IBPS-PO Prelims 2016.
View Offer Details