Recently, State Bank of India has come up the notification to fill 2400 vacancies for the post of PO. Probationary Officer and that too in SBI is considered as one of the most reputed jobs in Banking sector. Lakhs of students appear for this recruitment exam every year and only a few are able to turn their dream into reality.
In this post we will share with you the job profile, salary, perks, allowances & growth opportunities of a SBI PO. The level and pattern of the examination saw a major change last year. So, if you want to convert your dream into reality, it is high time to start with your preparations but before that it is essential to know what exactly the job of Probationary Officer is and what career prospects can you expect after that.
Benefits of joining SBI at the post of Probationary Officer in 2017
Clearly, there are numerous reasons to join the reputed organisation. SBI is India’s prestigious bank which offers the following benefits to its employees:-
- Brand SBI
- High salary packages, allowances & perks
- No service Bonds
- Greater Opportunities for career growth
- Possibility of working abroad
SBI-PO Job Profile
- Once a person is selected as Probationary Officer in State Bank of India, he has to serve a probation period of 2 years. This is a kind of training period where you will get to know the various aspects of banking. It is actually the time when you will gain practical knowledge of various banking aspects.
- During the Probation period, you get training in various fields like Personal banking, Rural banking, Advances etc.
- The training will be on-site i.e he/she gets to learn the banking procedures while working in the bank itself.
- During the probation period, you’ll also get a chance to visit SBI training institutes for the specialised training.
- Once 2 years probation period is completed, SBI PO has to undergo a screening procedure, and after qualifying it, he will be confirmed as Officer Middle Management Grade Scale-II.
SBI PO Salary Details
As per the official notification of SBI, the total compensation per annum for SBI PO would be minimum of 7.93 lacs and maximum of 12.95 lacs.
Salary of SBI PO comprises of the following:-
SBI- PO SALARY DETAILS
₹ 27,620 (with 4 advance increments)
DA is the cost of living adjustment allowance paid to Government employees, PSU’s & pensioners. It is revised on quarterly basis.
Currently DA is 46.9% of basic salary.
City Compensatory Allowance (CCA)
It varies with the place of posting (3-4%)
₹12000 is allowed for the purchase of furniture
Leased House rent allowance
It varies according to the place of posting
Min- ₹8000 (in rural areas)
Max.-₹29500 (in Mumbai)
SBI provides 100% medical coverage to its employees & 75% to their family members
AC 2-tier fare is provided for official tours & travels
50lts. (2 wheelers) or 55lts. (4 wheelers)
Various monthly perks like tea& coffee, newspaper allowance, cleaning & labour allowance etc. approx. Worth ₹4000.
SBI also provides concessional interest rates to its employees for Housing Loan, Personal Loans, Car Loans etc.
Does an SBI- PO gets ₹13 lacs pa In-hand salary?
This the most confusing question about SBI PO in 2017. ₹13 lacs is not in-hand salary but yes, their total compensation could go upto 13 lacs per annum which includes:-
- Your basic pay
- Dearness Allowance
- City Compensatory Allowance
- Tax and PPF
- Leased/ Rented accommodation
SBI PO Career Growth & Promotion
SBI offers immense growth opportunities to its meritorious officers to reach Top management in a short span of time. If you work with full dedication, no one can stop you from reaching great heights. Here we would like to mention the name of the woman “ Mrs Arundhati Bhattacharya” who joined SBI at the post of PO in 1977. She has held several positions in her 40 years old banking journey and today she is handling the post of chairperson of SBI. She has set a great & challenging example in our lives.
SBI PO Career Progressions
Assistant General Manager
Deputy General Manager
Chief General Manager
SBI also offers foreign postings to the selected officers based on their performances. It has wide range of offices split all over the world.
We hope we have provided you complete details about an SBI-PO Job profile, salary details, growth opportunities etc. and the above listed factors are motivating enough to gear up for preparations and prepare with full dedication and zeal.
“There are no secrets to success, It is the result of preparation, hard work and learning from failures.”
View Offer Details