IBPS-PO 2016 official notification is out and the exam starts on October 3rd, 2016. IBPS made changes in the exam pattern with the introduction of Prelims and Mains Exams in 2015 and again made fresh changes in exam pattern of Mains in 2016. The best books are those which deal with a particular section in detail and which have solved question papers for the previous few years.
Best Books for Quantitative Aptitude Section for IBPS-PO 2016:
Quantitative Aptitude section of IBPS-PO Prelims, tests the mathematical skills of the aspirant. It carries 35 marks. It has questions on profit & loss, time & distance, fractions etc. Such topics are usually covered from standard VIII to Standard X. Some of the Best Books under this section are -
- Book RS Aggarwal comprises of shortcuts and detail explanation for every question and complete syllabus for Bank Exams
- Quicker Maths by M.Tyra - This s the best books in Quantitative section to help you know the simple shortcuts methods for most of the questions.
- Quantitative Aptitude Test for Bank PO by N.K Singh - This book has lots of problems to solve.
- Quantitative Aptitude made easy By Ramandeep Singh
- Bank PO Quantitative Aptitude Chapter wise Solved Papers (1999-till date) by Kiran Prakashan
Join Online Communities to keep yourself updated with news on IBPS Exams and take Online Tests. Keep testing yourself on what all have you studied and how much of it you can actually apply in the exam.
IBPS-PO 2016 Preparation books for Reasoning:
Reasoning consists of verbal and non verbal kinds of questions. This section carries 35 marks. It tests the mental quickness of the aspirant along with his observation power. Some of the Best or Preferred Books are –
- A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning (Revised Edition) by R.S. Aggarwal - This is very simple and well written book. It explains every little thing about reasoning.
- Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey–The writeris very articulate and this book is written in user friendly language and covers high level reasoning topics like Inference based questions, cause & effect etc. It also includes some good tips for eligibility tests, input output, and arrangement questions.
- Study Guide I.B.P.S. CWE Bank IT Officer’s Scale (1&2) - This Book includes Practice Tests for those who wish to improve their accuracy and speed.
Best Books for English Language Section of IBPS-PO 2016:
The English language section carries 30 marks. It consists of comprehension passages and questions from the passages, word meanings, identifying errors, idioms, phrases, antonyms, synonyms and grammatical error questions with options. Some of the preferred Books for this section of IBPS-PO Prelims exam are
- High school English Grammar & Composition– By Wren & Martin: This is one of the most popular book in English Grammar to be published in India. This book is exhaustive and aims at brushing up your basics.
- Objective English 4 edition – Thorpe
- Objective General English –R S Aggarwal
- Guide for IBPS Probationary Officer (PO)Exam
- Objective General English - SP Bakshi: This book is divided into four parts, Part A – Foundation Module, Part B - Verbal Ability, Part C and Part D – Practical Grammar
Besides books on English Language, you should make it a habit to watch English News, read magazines and newspapers in English to improve your English overall.
You should attempt practice tests on regular basis and work on your weaknesses.
Do I Need Separate Book for the Mains Exam?
You can prepare the 3 most important sections, namely English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning for the Mains Exam as well from these books. The questions are expected to be of a higher difficulty level in the Mains as compared to the Prelims Exam. In addition you will have subjects like General Knowledge, Computers and Marketing in the Mains Examination. For GK read newspapers, Journals on daily basis.
For Knowledge in computers be aware of Fundamentals of computing, software and hardware questions, history of computers, and basic terminologies related to computers. Some of the books that can come handy in studying this subject are
- Computer Awareness – Alok Kumar
- Computer knowledge – Kiran Publication
- Computer knowledge – R.Pillai
For Knowledge in Marketing refer to Books like
- Marketing Aptitude – Quick Reference Book – By Jabaj publications
- Marketing Awareness for SBI PO and Clerk – By Ramandeep Singh
Studying the Recommended Books for IBPS-Po 2016 WILL NOT BE ENOUGH!
For success in IBPS PO exams, just cramming concepts from books will not be sufficient. Join Online Communities to stay updated about latest preparation strategies. Read news online to know what is going around.
Attempt Online Mock Tests on the latest exam pattern of IBPS-PO and see how much you can apply from what you know. Don't just attempt full length mock tests but focus on subject wise tests also. Take daily speed tests and weekly full length mocks.
View Offer Details