The pattern for the IBPS Examination has changed. General awareness & Computers section would be included only in the Mains examination of IBPS PO 2015. Candidates are contemplating on, if they should prepare for General Awareness and Computers sections before appearing for Prelims Examination or should they prepare for them just before the Mains. Let’s find out.....
When must I prepare for General Awareness Section?
From our point of view General Awareness section should be prepared right from starting the preparation for Prelims because there is no well-defined syllabus.
Computer, on the other hand, is a very manageable subject if you have fair working knowledge of computers. IBPS-PO syllabus covers very general topics from Computer so you need not worry.
To know what all needs to be covered from General Awareness and Computers for IBPS-PO Mains, continue reading this post…
What to Prepare for General and Banking Awareness Section?
General awareness is an exhaustive and a vast section to be covered under IBPS PO and some of the most important topics to be covered under it are
- Current Affairs of National and International Importance
- Major Financial and Economic News
- Budget and Five Year Plans
- Important International Organizations
- Functioning of Govt. Departments
- Population of India (poverty line, planning commission, census etc.)
- Latest Development Projects and Schemes launched by Government
In banking awareness we have lot many topics but we have listed a few topics based on the previous papers, it’s important to have knowledge about banking sector as at least 20 questions will be asked on Banking awareness from 50 questions in General Awareness section.
Important topics under Banking Awareness are -
- Questions about RBI, its Governor, recent rate hikes etc. Go to rbi.org.in and look for the current rates.
- Names of Banks chairman/MD, RBI Governor
- History of financial Organizations in India
- Important financial organizations
- Terms used in Banking field like NEFT, Repo Rate
- Latest developments and technologies used in Banking
- Indian banks and their Tag Lines
How to Prepare for General Awareness?
Candidates preparing for IBPS PO 2015 should make it a habit to read newspapers and listen to news related to what’s happening in the areas of banking, politics etc, on daily basis. Besides they should read various magazines and journals like:
- Competition Success Review
- General Knowledge Today
- Pratiyogita Darpan
- Banking Services Chronicle
Maintain notes as you read about important dates, events and come back to them during revision. For practice, join a good test series online and also check your status of preparation amongst other candidates giving the exam.
What to prepare in Computer section –
Computer is a very important section of IBPS PO exam and has a separate sectional cut-off like other sections. At the same time, it is a highly scoring section and requires little effort if you are tech-savvy. Banks are looking for people who have basic computer knowledge and can work in computerized settings. Make sure you prepare the below listed topics:
- Basics about computer Hardware & Software
- Operating system
- Basics of MS Office
- File Formats (jpeg, pdf, mp3)
- Abbreviations related to computers terminology
- Latest devices and developments in IT
Some of the Books to be covered under computer section are
- Computer literacy and Knowledge for Bank PO and Bank Clerk Exam – By Kiran institute of career excellence Pvt. Ltd
- Handbook on computer awareness – NK Gupta
Both General awareness and Computers are highly scoring sections provided you prepare for Current affairs on daily basis and clear the basics of computers thoroughly. You should concentrate on devoting at least 2 hours on routine basis towards preparation for at least 5 to 6 months for preparation of IBPS-PO exam.
Take PrepLadder’s FREE IBPS-PO Prelims Mock Test and check your status of preparation amongst other candidates taking the test all over the country. This test is part of our Complete IBPS-PO Prelims and Mains Test Series for students all over India.
View Offer Details