The examination pattern changed last year with the introduction of Prelims and Mains in the common written examination (CWE) for IBPS PO. This change has made the selection process even more tough. Candidates are curious to know the expected cut off required to clear IBPS-PO 2016 Exam even before the exam takes place. The aspirants who are yet to take the exam, want to plan & prepare their attempt strategy as per the estimated cut – off for IBPS-PO 2016. In this post we will discuss three things:
- On what basis is the actual cut–off decided?
- On what basis PrepLadder will predict the cut–off for IBPS PO 2016
- What is the expected cut off for IBPS PO Prelims 2016?
On what Basis is actual cut – off decided?
The cut- off for any exam and not just IBPS-PO CWE depends upon:
- How difficult the paper is
- How many candidates are to be promoted to the next level
- How the students perform in the examination
Also Read: Best study schedule to clear IBPS-PO Prelims
Basis on which PrepLadder Experts will predict the cut–off for IBPS PO 2016
We are going to predict the cut-– offs for IBPS PO 2016 on the following basis:
- Exam difficulty level
- Student Performance Feedback
- Previous years cut offs in IBPS PO
- SBI PO Prelims cut off 2016
Previous year’s cut off trends in IBPS PO:
IBPS PO Prelims cut off in 2015
IBPS PO cut off in 2014
IBPS PO cut off in 2013
As per the previous trends, the cut off has increased in year 2014, then decreased in year 2015. Thus there is no constant pattern of cut-off. The cut-off varied because the difficulty level of the exam also varied and the exam pattern was completely changed.
SBI PO Prelims Cut off in 2016 was 47.5 for the general category.
In IBPS PO Prelims 2016, the exam pattern is exactly same as that followed by SBI-PO Prelims in 2015. However this time a much higher cut-off is expected due to lack of change in exam pattern and increasing competition for fewer number of vacancies.
Also Read: 20-20-20 strategy to crack IBPS-PO Prelims
Expected Cut–off for IBPS PO 2016:
Based on the exam difficulty level, we can predict that the expected minimum qualifying marks would not be more than 47.
The expected cut off for IBPS PO 2016 is going to be 42 – 47.
Remember a candidate is said to be qualified if he scores marks equal to or above the minimum qualifying marks. To be on a safer side you should aim to attempt at least 60 questions in IBPS-PO Prelims out of 100 with accuracy over 80% to clear the cut-off.
Action Plan for IBPS-PO 2016:
- Take this FREE IBPS-PO Mock Test: https://www.prepladder.com/best-ibps-bank-po-online-test-series-prepladder.html
- Find out where you are weak.
- Start Working on your weaknesses.
- Aim minimum 55 marks in every mock test that you take
- Try and improve your accuracy to 85%
- Develop an attempt strategy based on your strong and weak areas.
View Offer Details