SBI PO Mains was conducted on 26th July, 2015, in different centres across India. PrepLadder experts have thoroughly analyzed the exam paper and will now be discussing the following with IBPS-PO Exam aspirants of 2015:
- Clarification about difference in Exam Pattern.
- What was asked in SBI – PO Mains?
- What can you learn from this for IBPS PO?
Difference In Exam Pattern of SBI-PO and IBPS-PO Mains
In SBI PO Mains the examination consisted of the following:
Total number of Questions
Data Analysis and Interpretation
Whereas, in IBPS PO 2015 the exam would consist of the following:
Total number of Questions
SBI Mains 2015 was held in two parts, i.e., the Objective and Descriptive whereas In IBPS PO Mains we will just have the Objective paper and there will be NO Descriptive paper.
In SBI PO Mains, quantitative ability included questions from Data Analysis & Interpretation, whereas, in IBPS PO Mains questions are expected from all topics of Quantitative Ability.
Also Read: Predicted Exam Pattern of IBPS-PO Prelims
What was asked in SBI PO Mains?
Here is a section wise analysis of SBI PO 2015 Mains.
1. English Section Analysis:
This section had easy to moderate level of questions. The number of questions from each of the topics:
Sentence Improvement – 5 questions
Fill in the Blanks – 5 questions
Reading Comprehension – 10 questions each from 2 passages
Error Spotting – 5 questions
Para jumbles – 5 questions
Cloze test – 10 questions
The difficulty level of reading comprehension questions was moderate to difficult and the 2 passages were quite lengthy. Cloze test questions were difficult in nature. Rest the level of difficulty of Error Spotting, Para jumbles and fill in the blanks questions was easy to moderate.
2. Reasoning Ability Section Analysis
This section had moderate to difficult level of questions. This section had questions mainly based on Matrix Arrangement, Input –Output, Sitting Arrangement, and Circular Arrangement. No. of questions from each topic-
Sitting arrangement based on Blood Relations – 6 questions
Input Output – 7 questions
Coding- Decoding – 1 question
Assertion - Reason – 1 question
Syllogisms – 5 questions
Matrix – 7 questions
Strong weak argument – 2 questions
Critical Reasoning – 1 question
Mathematical Inequality – 5 questions
Circular Arrangement - 6 questions
Inference - 3 questions
Data sufficiency – 5 questions
Course of action – 1 question
The reasoning ability had maximum questions based on Matrix Arrangement, Input –Output, Sitting Arrangement and Circular Arrangement. The set based on Circular Arrangement was very difficult. Questions based on Input – Output were also very difficult. Questions on data sufficiency were moderate difficulty wise. Verbal logic was easy and one new type of Question on sitting arrangement based on blood relations was also seen, the level of which was moderate difficulty wise.
3. Data Interpretation section analysis
In this section there was a focus on all type of questions from Data Interpretation. The overall difficulty level of this section was difficult. No. of questions from each topic –
Probability, Permutation & Combination – 5 questions
Table chart – 5 questions
Pie chart – 1 question
Line Graph – 5 questions
Number series – 5 questions
Data Sufficiency – 5 questions
Language DI – 5 questions
Quadratic – 5 questions
There were questions on Probability, Bar Charts, Pie Charts, Table & Mixed chart, Permutation & Combination, Data Sufficiency etc. The level of difficulty of this section was difficult. This section was also calculative and lengthy.
4. General Awareness/Computer/Marketing
The questions in this section were different from the traditional questions, which usually form a part of banking exams. No. of questions from each topic –
Marketing – 9 questions
Computers - 13 questions
General Awareness – 28 questions
Under General Awareness there were topics like –
Polity – 1 question
Personality – 2 questions
International affairs – 6 questions
Sports - 2 questions
Banking awareness – 10 questions
Geography – 4 questions
Important days – 1 question
Films – 1 question
Misc – 1 question
The questions based on marketing & General Awareness were moderate difficulty wise while questions from computers section were easy to answer.
What can you learn from this for IBPS PO 2015?
- Questions for IBPS PO 2015 are expected to be on similar lines as were seen in SBI-PO 2015.
- Do not wait for the result of Prelims. Prepare for mains from the starting.
- Do not skip any topic from any of the sections enlisted above. They are expected to hold similar importance in IBPS-PO Mains.
- In English language you should focus on lengthy passages. Practice to increase your reading and comprehending speed.
- In reasoning section focus more on questions from Input-output, Sitting arrangement , Matrix, Mathematical ability, Circular Arrangement, Data Sufficiency and Syllogisms.
- In quantitative section you can be asked sufficient number of questions from Data Interpretation & analysis, so focus maximum on DI questions.
- Expect questions which are a combination of 2 topics. Eg. combination of blood relations and seating arrangement, number system and data sufficiency, etc.
- In computers and General Awareness sections increase try and read on diverse topics to improve your attempt and accuracy.
Try enough IBPS-PO mock tests to get well acquainted with the latest exam pattern. Do not take IBPS-PO exam lightly.
View Offer Details