Dec 21, 2021
The Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) has been given permission by the Supreme Court to conduct four rounds of All India Quota (AIQ) counselling for 15% of NEET-UG and 50% of NEET-PG seats.
1. The Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) will conduct a total of 4 rounds for the NEET-UG 2021 and NEET-PG 2021 for All India Quota seats. After the second round of counselling, unfilled seats will not be returned to the state quota and will be filled through the AIQ Mop-Up Round and the AIQ Stray Vacancy Round.
2. The registration of a candidate will be allowed in 3 rounds: AIQ round 1, AIQ round 2, AIQ mop-up round. There will be no further new registration for candidates in the AIQ stray vacancy round.
3. All India quota seats that were earlier given to states after round 2 counselling will now be filled in the mop-up and stray vacancy rounds.
4. The up-gradation and free exit options will be given in the first round of NEET-UG 2021 counselling only. Candidates can not apply for up-gradation seats if they are allotted one seat in the second round.
5. Candidates who joined the allotted seat in the 2nd round of counselling will not be permitted to quit. Such candidates will be ineligible to participate in any further rounds of counselling. But, the candidates who have not joined the allotted seat in round 2 will be qualified for other rounds of counselling subject to denial of the security deposit and new registration in the only mop-up round.
For more NEET updates, visit the Medical Counselling Committee.
Pooja is a Content Creator at PrepLadder. She specializes in writing well-researched top-notch educational, informative, and engaging content for aspirants.
The most popular search terms used by aspirants