We collected information from 4000+ students who took the AIIMS PG exam on 17th
Nov 2019 to help you understand how the exam was for others.
We have consolidated data from all the responses and have tried to present an accurate picture of the exam standard.
The exam was Moderate to difficult
- 29 % of the students said that the exam was Difficult
- 62.7% remarked that the exam was Moderate
Pattern of Questions
- Most questions were concept based clinical scenarios. Easy questions with close and confusing options.
- There were more than 53-55 image-based questions and 7 video-based questions. This shows that the trend of the exam is becoming more visual.
- No. of new pattern questions remained the same at 50. Rest 150 were single best answer type questions.
- There were 100 easy, 50 moderate and 50 difficult questions.
Subjects with low weightage:
Physiology, ENT, PSM, Psychiatry, and Anesthesia
Surprisingly, there were no questions from Epidemiology, Biostatics and Screening from PSM.
Subjects with high weightage:
Anatomy, Medicine, and Orthopedics
Lots of questions were asked on new drugs in Pharmacology.
Also, there were a lot of cadaver image-based questions in Anatomy.
How many questions did students attempt?
According to our survey, the maximum number of candidates attempted 160-180 questions
|No. of questions attempted
||Percentage of candidates
53.3% students said that the exam was easy to finish within 3 hours while 46.7% said that they faced difficulty.
Also Read the following blogs and enhance your NEET PG 2024 Preparation :
NEET PG 2024 Marks Distribution & Latest Exam Pattern
Here's what the students have to say:
What specific strategy did you employ for the AIIMS Exam?
Was PrepLadder’s Rapid Revision course helpful?
87% students surveyed said that PrepLadder’s All India AIIMS Mock was helpful to understand the exam pattern
Thank you for the kind words, we wish you a successful career.
We're glad to share that many questions asked in AIIMS were direct repeats from the PrepLadder App.
5 Tips to overcome anxiety before NEET PG Exam
Top 5 NEET PG Preparation Tips That Will Guarantee A Good Rank
Any more views about the exam? Leave a comment below.