PrepLadder constantly provides all the important information for medical aspirants. In this blog, we will provide information related to the personal counseling process of NEET-PG 2017 for NRI candidates for taking admission in Medical Colleges of Maharashtra.
Recently, State Common Entrance Test Cell of Maharashtra has invited application from NRI candidates for taking admission in Post Graduate course. NRI Candidates will have to apply for the reserved seats which are only available for NRI candidates.
As per the order passed by the Hon'ble Supreme Court w.r.t petition no.(Civil) 244/2017 dated 4.5.2017, this office was instructed to include the applicants who have submitted the applications directly to Deemed Universities.
According to this order, the names of these candidates who have claimed as NRI in the application form have been added in the revised Provisional merit list.
The important rules that must be followed by NRI candidates are as follows:
Special personal counseling round will be conducted for NRI candidates as these candidates are only eligible for NRI seats as per following schedule.
The schedule for personal counseling is as follows:
- According to NEET-PG 2017 Brochure Rule No.8.1 given on page No.4, NRI candidates are not eligible for the admission for Non-NRI seats.
- Candidates claiming as NRI in the application form and are unable to fulfill NRI criteria as per Annexure-A will be considered at their All India Rank if otherwise eligible.
|NEET PG 2017
||At 10.00 a.m.
Venue for Personal counseling round:
Dept. of Physiology , Grant Govt. Medical College, JJ Group Hospital campus Byculla, Mumbai-400008.
All the remaining vacant seats from NRI quota will be made available to rest all candidates after the NRI personal counseling round. This reverted seat will be filled during personal counseling round which will be start from 22nd
May, 2017 afternoon. All NRI candidates should not attend personal counseling round during 22nd
May, 2017 to 27th
May, 2017. Instead of this, they should attend as per the above mentioned schedule.
Instructions for NRI Candidates and Concerned Institutions:
More updates will follow..
Stay Tuned with PrepLadder!!
- Candidates must bring all the original documents at the time of verification as per the rule No. 11.3 of NEET-PG 2017 Information brochure and in accordance with the criteria laid down in Admission Regulating Authority's letter No. ARA/NRI/Adm./2525 Dated 18th April, 2016 in Annexure-A.
- Candidates will have to confirm the admission immediately after allotment of a seat by paying Rs.1500/- in cash as admission fee and they must deposit all the original documents during the time of personal counseling, along with the payment of annual tuition fee and other fees by cheque. The submission of original document along with payment of fees will be at the respective counter of the Institution at the site of counseling.
- Proxy will not be allowed.
- The amount of tuition fee of respective college and subject is available on the official website. Candidates who will not pay the annual tuition fee and other fee by cheque on the spot will not be considered for admission.
- Extra time will not be given to the candidates for paying the tuition fee along with other fee and for deposition of original document. Candidate asking for extra time will be considered ineligible for the admission.
- Candidates will not be called for counseling as per their State Merit List number (SML), however, they will be called as per their All India Rank number on the same day at the venue of the counseling.
- All the selected candidates have no option of resigning or non joining during this round. If they do so, then penalty will be applicable.
- Inclusion of the name in the revised provisional merit list does not indicate that the candidate is necessarily eligible for this round. Eligibility will also be verified at the time of original document verification.