DNB-CET SS is a qualifying-cum-ranking examination conducted for admission to various Super Specialty Courses.
DNB CET-SS is conducted by the NBE and serves as a mandatory pre-requisite for admission to Post-Doctoral (MD/MS/DNB) 3-year Super-Specialty courses.
DNB CET-SS is a qualifying-cum-ranking examination which is conducted by NBE for taking admission to various Super Specialty Courses. The full form of DNB is “Diplomate of National Board” and this diplomate qualification is awarded by National Board of Examinations.
- Why DNB CET-SS is conducted?
- DNB-CET SS is an entrance examination and is a necessary pre-requisite for taking admission into post MD/MS/DNB 3-year Super Specialty courses.
- These Diplomate qualifications are associated with the postgraduate and post doctorate degrees awarded by other Indian Universities for all purposes that include appointment to teaching posts as lecture/Assistant Professor by the Government of India, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- DNB is eligible to be considered for specialist’s post/faculty in any Hospital including a training/teaching institution on a teaching post/ as a faculty member. Diplomate National Board qualifications are well-recognized and established worldwide.
The candidate must fulfill the below mentioned criteria’s:
- Eligibility criteria for DNB CET –SS
- Candidates must possess post graduate medical degrees or have a Provisional Pass Certificates in eligible specialties and their medical qualifications are recognized according to the provisions of the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 or candidates who are already DNB qualified may apply for DNB-CET-SS through online application.
- Candidate must have a permanent registration certificate of MBBS qualification and their additional medical qualification should be registered with MCI.
- Ineligible candidates are not allowed to appear for DNB CET-SS examination. In an unlikely event of any ineligible candidate appearing and/or being successful in the DNB CET-SS, the results or candidature of those candidates will be cancelled.
- Candidates already pursuing a DM/MCh or DNB course are not eligible to appear for the DNB-CET-SS till the time they have completed the duration of prescribed course or have been discharged from the course.
- How to apply for DNB CET-SS? (Registration Procedure)
The registration procedure for DNB CET-SS is summarized below:
Register for CET-SS
Create a Profile
Apply for DNB CET-SS
Schedule the Exam
(Select your exam centers)
Make Online Payment
(Candidates have to pay an examination fee of Rs. 4500
(approximately) through Credit/Debit Cards or Internet Banking)
Admit Cards will be generated after completion of the Registration and scheduling process. Applicant will be required to take a print out/hard copy of the Admit card and affix a recent passport size photograph as per the specifications.
- DNB CET- SS: Exam pattern
||Once a year
||Objective –Type with Single Correct Response
|Number of Questions
||No negative marking
||Post Graduate Exit Examination
||Applied basic sciences, clinical practice and Recent advances.
- Medical Specialties – 180 questions
- Surgical Specialties – 180 questions
- Pediatric Specialties (For Neonatology) – 180 questions
- For Medical Genetics, eligible candidates from (1) and (3) above will have to further undertake a paper in Medical Genetics comprising 30 MCQs.
DNB CET-SS test centers are located in the following cities:
- Test centers for DNB CET-SS:
- Required documents at the time of DNB CET exam:
- Printed copy of the Admit Card with photo pasted on it.
- Photocopy of Permanent or Provisional SMC/MCI registration.
- Any one of the subsequent authorized photo IDs (must be original and valid/non-expired): PAN Card / Driving Licence / Voter ID / Passport / Aadhar Card (with photograph)
Candidates successfully qualifying CET-SS will be required to take part in the Centralized Merit Based Counseling conducted by the NBE for allotment of DNB seats at NBE recognized Hospitals/Institutions.
- Candidates are required to deposit a counseling fee of Rs. 2500/- (approximately) through demand draft in favor of National Board of Examinations, payable at New Delhi, on the day of counseling at counseling venue itself. Candidates are required to bring the above mentioned demand draft.
- Once the candidate has been registered for Counseling at the counseling venue, the counseling fee will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Counseling Round:
Candidates absent/not taking part in any of their scheduled round of counseling either in-person or through online (opt out) will not be eligible for participation in subsequent round(s) of counseling.
||Candidates qualifying DNB CET-SS conducted by NBE in the respective session and fulfill the eligibility criteria for admission to the respective courses at different NBE accredited Medical Colleges /Institutions /Hospitals in India will be eligible to participate in the counseling for allocation of seats purely on merit-cum-choice basis.
||Candidates participated in the 1st Round of counseling either in-person or via online (opt out) will be eligible for taking part in the 2nd round of Counseling according to their merit list.
|3rd Round (if conducted)
||Candidates participated in the 2nd Round of counseling either in-person or via online (opt out) will be eligible for taking part in the 3rd round of Counseling as per the merit list.
The schedule of DNB CET-SS Centralized counseling will be made available on NBE website.
- Validity of DNB CET-SS result :
The validity of the result of the DNB CET-SS will be only for the current admission session only and will not be carried forward for the next session of DNB CET-SS.
The Merit List for DNB CET-SS will be structured in the following order:
Merit List Order:
- Medical Genetics combined with Medical/Pediatrics/Obstetrics & Gynecology
Tentative dates for DNB CET-SS are as follows:
- DNB CET-SS: Important Dates
We hope that this blog has familiarized you with all the details pertaining to DNB CET-SS.
More Updates will Follow…
Stay Tuned with PrepLadder!!
|Starting Date of Online Registration
||Last week of September 2017
|Closing Date of Online Registration
||Last week of October 2017
||Last week of November 2017