NEET PG is an eligibility cum qualifying examination which serves as the sole gateway for admission to MD/MS/PG Diploma Courses as per the provisions of Section 10 of the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956.
No other entrance examination, either at the State or Institutional level will be applicable for admission to MD/MS/PG Diploma Courses with effect from 2017 admission session.
Eligibility Criteria for NEET PG 2017
- Applicant must secure MBBS degree/Provisional Pass Certificate recognized in accordance to the provisions of the Indian Medical Council Act 1956
- Applicant must possess Provisional/Permanent Registration with the Medical Council of India/State Medical Council
- Applicant must have finished One year Internship/is likely to finish One year Internship on or prior to 31st March 2017
- Candidates who have secured their MBBS degree from the states of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible for All India 50% Quota Seats.
- Registration with the MCI/State Medical Council is mandatory and its documentary proof has to be provided at the time of Counseling/Admission
- Applicant can register and appear only once in NEET PG 2017.
NEET PG 2017: Important Dates
To see all the important dates for NEET PG 2017, visit: NEET PG 2017 important dates
Scheme of NEET PG 2017
Also read: Subject-Wise Marks Distribution for NEET PG 2017
|Scheme of NEET PG 2017
||Computer-Based Test (Online)
||Objective Type (MCQs)
|Total No. of Questions
|Total Time Duration
||3 Hours 30 Minutes
||No Negative Marking
Registration Procedure for NEET PG 2017
Applicants will be required to visit www.nbe.edu.in
and click on ‘Register for NEET PG‘
Registration Procedure is as follows:
: Create a Profile
Step II: Apply for NEET PG
- Applicants will be first required to create a Profile by entering their personal information such as their Name, E-mail address, Father & Mother’s Name, etc.
- Applicants will be then required to create a login by entering a valid ‘Username’ and ‘Password’ and other details such as ‘Secret Reminder Question’.
- Next, Applicant will be required to furnish their additional Contact Information such as Mobile Number and Postal Address.
- Image & Digital Signature Upload: Applicants have to upload an image of their color photograph and digital signature on their profile page. Ensure to abide by the instructions while uploading Photograph and Digital Signature.
Step III: Schedule for the Exam
- After successfully creating a profile, an exam selection screen will be displayed before the candidates.
- Applicants will be then required to select NEET PG from the drop down list and enter information such as their Nationality, Date of Birth, Category for All India 50% Quota Seats, Category for State Quota Seats, Residential Domicile State, Preference order for taking up PG courses, Willingness to opt for DNB Broad Specialty Courses.
- Applicants will also be required to furnish two marks of Identification, provide their MCI/SMC registration number with the name of Medical Council & Type of Registration.
- Further, applicants will be also required to provide their educational details.
- Applicants are also required to upload their Photo Id and MCI/SMC Certificate.
Step IV: Submit Online Payment
- Applicants will be required to select a location from the 41 cities available.
- Further, applicant will be required to select a ‘Testing Venue’ from the ‘Testing Venues’ available for the selected location.
- Further, applicant has to select the ‘Test Date’ from the Testing Window between 5th December and 13th December 2016. Further, applicant has to select the time for taking the exam, i.e. Morning or Afternoon session.
Also read: Expected Number of Competitors in NEET PG 2017
- General/OBC Candidates will be required to submit an application fee of Rs. 3750.
- SC/ST/PWD candidates will have to submit an application fee of Rs. 2750.
- Application Fee has to be submitted online through Credit/Debit Cards or Net Banking.
- After successful completion of registration, Admit Card will be delivered within 24 hours on the registered E-mail Id.
Test Centres for NEET PG 2017
The details of the Test Centres are listed below:
Also read: Number of Seats under NEET PG 2017
We are sure that this article will furnish you with majority of the information pertaining to NEET PG 2017 registration.
Stay Tuned for More Updates on NEET PG 2017!