Simplify Your Medicine Preparation and ace NEET-SS

Comprehensive, effective and high-quality content to ace NEET-SS - Medicine

NEET SS 2018 Scheme of Examination

Apr 20, 2018

Here is an important update for the candidates who were eagerly waiting for the announcement of NEET-SS revised exam pattern. NBE has earlier announced the exam pattern but didn’t disclose complete information relating to the exam. It has now revealed the new scheme for NEET-SS 2018 July exam. We are here to keep you notified with the latest update on NEET-SS 2018 exam pattern along with important details. As per the latest information, NEET SS shall be conducted by NBE in the 1st week of July 2018 as a computer based on a single day. MoHFW vide letter NO. F.No.V. 11025/35/2012-MEP (Pt.) dated 25/01/2018 and V.11025/35/2012-MEP (Pt.) dated 10/04/2018 has asked NBE to conduct NEET-SS 2018 in the following manner:
  • A candidate can choose a maximum of two super specialty courses for which his/ her broad specialty qualification is eligible, at the time of online submission of the application form.
  • 40% of the questions shall be from all eligible feeder broad specialty course(s) and the remaining 60% shall be from the super specialty course selected by the candidate at the time of online submission of application form.
  • NBE will club certain super specialties in which the number of seats offered are less.

Pattern of Examination

  Part A Part B
Weightage 40% 60%
Composition Questions from the eligible feeder broad specialty/ specialties for a particular super specialty course Questions from the concerned super specialty or group of clubbed super specilaties
Question Paper No. of MCQs Time Allocated
Part-A 40 40 mins
Part-B 60 60 mins
Total number of questions in any Super Specialty question paper is 100. All the questions shall be at PG Exit level (MD/MS/DNB). PART-A PART-A of the question paper for any super specialty course shall comprise of MCQs form the eligible feeder broad specialty course(s). In case, there is only a single feeder broad specialty course for a particular super specialty, Part-A in such a case will comprise of questions from only one broad specialty. Let us take an example for better understanding: MS/DNB General Surgery is the feeder broad specialty for MCh Urology, therefore Part A of Urology question paper will comprise of questions from General Surgery. For Super specialty courses having feeder broad specialty courses, Part-A will comprise of questions from all eligible feeder broad specialty courses. For eg- Part-A of Cardiology question paper shall comprise of questions from three feeder broad specialty courses i.e General Medicine, Pediatrics & Respiratory Medicine. For detailed list of feeder broad specialty courses for various super specialty courses refer to our previous blog. PART-B It shall comprise of 60 questions pertaining to the concerned super specialty. The questions shall be of PG Exit level and shall cover topics from clinical practice and basic sciences as applied to the concerned super specialty.


Certain Super specialties which have less number of seats and have a single common feeder broad specialty course have been clubbed together. Each clubbed of super specialties shall be treated as one for the purpose of online submission of the application form and for generation of the question paper. The following table shows all Super Specialty courses which have been clubbed together:
S.No. Name of the Super Specialty Courses which have been clubbed together
1 a) Neuro-Radiology b) Interventional Radiology
2 a) Cardiac Anesthesia b) Organ Transplant Anaesthesia & Critical Care c) Paediatric and Neonatal Anaesthsia
3 a) Neonatology b) Pediatric Gastroenterology c) Paediatric Cardiology d) Paediatric Oncology f) Paediatric Hepatology
4 a) Surgical Gastroenterology/ G.I Surgery b) HepatoPancreato Biliary Surgery
5 a) Vascular Surgery b) Cardio Vascular and Thoracic Surgery c) Thoracic Surgery d) Paediatric Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery
Important: A candidate can opt for only 2 super specialty courses/ clubbed group at the time of online submission of the online application form based on his/ her eligibility for the concerned super specialty course. Candidates are advised to refer to MCI website for information regarding availability of seats/ prior entry requirement for any super specialty course(s) they wish to apply.


There shall be a separate merit list for each super specialty course/ clubbed group. There shall not be any equating / normalization, percentile calculation. You can also go through the official notification on the official website. Stay tuned for more updates.. Keep Following PrepLadder…
Auther Details

Srishti Sehgal

A Content Creator with over five years of experience, Srishti is an expert at creating content related to several genres. She aims to make a difference through what she writes.