DNB CET-SS is a qualifying cum ranking examination conducted for admission to various Super Specialty Courses.
DNB CET-SS is conducted by the NBE and serves as a mandatory pre-requisite for admission to Post-Doctoral (MD/MS/DNB) 3-year Super-Specialty courses.
Eligibility Criteria for DNB CET-SS – January 2017 Admission Session
- Applicant must possess PG Medical Degree/Provisional Pass Certificate on or before 31st December 2016 in Eligible Specialties and their medical qualifications must be recognized in accordance to the provisions of the Indian Medical Council Act 1956 or DNB qualifications are eligible to apply for DNB CET-SS
- Applicant must have completed his/her 3 years of MD/MD training on or prior to 31st December 2016
- Applicant must be in possession of permanent registration certificate of MBBS qualification and his/her additional Medical Qualification must be registrable with the MCI
- Applicants currently pursuing a DM/MCh or DNB Course are not eligible to appear for DNB CET-SS until they have completed the duration of the prescribed course
- Registration with the MCI/SMC is mandatory and its documentary proof has to be furnished at the time of counseling
DNB CET-SS: Scheme of Examination
|Scheme of DNB CET-SS
||Objective-Type with Single Correct Response
|Number of Questions
||No Negative Marking
||Post Graduate Exit Examination
||Applied Basic Sciences, Clinical Practice & Recent Advances
- For Medical Specialties, the exam will comprise 180 questions
- For Surgical Specialties, the exam will comprise 180 questions
- For Pediatric Specialties (Neonatology), the exam will comprise 180 questions
- For Medical Genetics, eligible candidates from (a) and (c) above will have to further undertake a paper in Medical Genetics comprising 30 MCQs
DNB CET-SS: Merit List
The Merit List for DNB CET-SS will be structured in the following order:
|Merit List Order
|Medical Genetics combined with Medical/Pediatrics/Obstetrics & Gynecology
DNB CET-SS: Important Dates
|Starting Date of Online Registration
||26th September 2016
|Closing Date of Online Registration
||31st October 2016
|DNB CET-SS Examination Date
||29th November 2016
DNB CET-SS: Application Fee
Interested and eligible candidates will be required to submit an exam fee of Rs. 4500 through Credit/Debit Cards or Internet Banking.
DNB CET-SS: Registration Procedure
The registration procedure for DNB CET-SS is summarized below:
- The applicant needs to first visit the official website and click on the ‘Register for CET-SS’ link
- Create a Profile: The applicant needs to first create a profile by entering all his personal information. Further, the applicant is required to create a login by entering a username and password of their choice. The applicant is also required to furnish additional contact information such as Postal Address, contact number, etc. The applicant has to upload their photograph and digital signature.
- Apply for CET-SS: Next, the applicant is required to fill the application form for CET-SS by entering their personal details, educational details. Applicant is also required to upload their Photo Id and MCI/SMC Certificate.
- Schedule the Exam: The candidate is then required to schedule the exam by selecting their preferred location from among the 41 cities and Test Site.
- Make Online Payment: After completing all the above-listed steps, applicant is required to submit an examination fee of Rs. 4500 through Credit/Debit Cards or Internet Banking
DNB CET-SS: Admit Card
After completing the Registration and scheduling process, applicants will receive the Admit Cards on their registered E-Mail Ids. Applicant will be required to take a print out/hard copy of the Admit card and affix a recent passport size photograph as per the specifications.
DNB CET-SS: Counseling
Candidates successfully qualifying CET-SS will be required to participate in the Centralized Merit Based Counseling conducted by the NBE for allotment of DNB seats at NBE accredited Hospitals/Institutions.
DNB CET-SS: Test Centers
Test Centers for DNB CET-SS have been listed in the table below:
We are hopeful that this pot will familiarize you with all details associated with DNB CET-SS.
Stay Tuned for More Updates!