Biochemistry is undoubtedly a high-yielding subject in FMGE. It is surely the most scoring subject amongst all three first prof subjects.
In order to assist you in your preparation of Biochemistry, we have compiled this article which will bring forth the Preparation Tips and the Most Important Topics of Biochemistry from FMGE perspective.
Preparation Tips & Most Important Topics of Biochemistry
One of the most significant benefits of Biochemistry is its static nature, i.e. it does not change with time, there are no updates in Biochemistry and questions are often straightforward.
Here are the Most Important Topics of Biochemistry
This is a very substantial unit from FMGE perspective and must be recalled one night prior to the exam since this unit is very volatile.
Also read: 3 Month Revision Plan for FMGE
- Glucose, Lipids, Protein and Nucleotide Cycles
- Enzymes and Substrates
- Cycles of Inborn Errors of Metabolism
II. Protein Structure & Collagen Structure
This is another unit which is highly significant from the FMGE perspective.
Important Topics of Protein Structure
Important Topics of Collagen Structure
- Types of Protein Structure – Thoroughly prepare them since questions are frequently asked from them in FMGE.
- Tests used to Detect Protein Structures
- Sequence of Collagen Structures
III. Recent Lab Techniques
At least 1-2 questions are surely covered from this unit in FMGE.
Refer to the latest edition of Robbins’ Pathology for the Recent Lab Techniques since questions are straight forwardly framed from this book.
This is an immensely significant unit from FMGE viewpoint.
You can prepare Genetics from either Pathology or Biochemistry.
Those of you who are currently in their Profs should refer to Robbins’ Pathology for preparation of Genetics since it is described in details in this book.
Those of you who are currently in their Internship and have restricted time can refer to a good Biochemistry guide for Genetics.
You must emphasize on Techniques
in Genetics since new questions are framed from this section.
You can also download the list of most important topics for FMGE preparation.
V. Inborn Errors of Metabolism
Metabolism is a highly significant unit of Pediatrics but can be prepared from Biochemistry too.
Most Important Topics of Carbohydrate Metabolism
Most Important Topics of Disorders of Amino Acid
- Focus on Glycogen Storage Disorders
- Lay emphasis to Galactosemia
- Thoroughly prepare Hereditary Fructose Intolerance
Most Important Topics of Lysosomal Storage Diseases
- Focus on Maple Syrup Urine Disease
- Lay Emphasis on Phenylalanine Metabolism
- Thoroughly prepare Niemann Pick Disease
- Focus on Gangliosidosis and Most Common Gauchers
- Image Based Questions on Mucopolysaccharidosis
- Enzyme Replacement Therapies for Specific Inborn Errors of Metabolism
Recently, Enzyme Replacement Therapies
are present for Some Inborn Errors of Metabolism
. This is currently the hot favorite topic from FMGE perspective. You must gather Awareness of the Disorders for which the Treatment exists
We are hopeful that the information shared above would surely help you to excel in your preparation of Biochemistry for FMGE.
Stay Tuned for more updates!