Foreign Medical Graduates Examination (FMGE),is a licensure examination conducted by NBE in India. The test is mandatory for an Indian Citizen who has a medical degree from a college outside India to practice medicine in the country. Why is it that most of the candidates fail to clear the exam? In this post we will cover the reasons.
Experts at PrepLadder will give you a few substantial reasons on why aspirants are not able to clear their screening test in first or second attempt.
Strive not to commit such mistakes when you appear for FMGE in December this year.
Reasons to Why the Aspirants FAIL to Clear the FMGE Exam
1.Toughness of FMGE Exam
Examinees or test takers take the FMGE exam casually and go unprepared not knowing the about the difficulty level of the exam .Aspirants need to work really hard in order to clear the exam.
It requires more skill set to pass than a MBBS degree because this exam is of PG level. That is also a reason the Foreign Graduates Welcome the government decision to abolish FMGE and instead make them appear for NEET PG .It will become more centralized and transparent.
2.Candidates are weak in particular Subjects
It is usually seen that candidates are so weak in a single subject that they waste a lot of time trying to answer those questions and eventually leave questions un-attempted. Many people don't even always know their weak subject. The only way to address this problem is by practicing and knowing your weak areas. The more you practice ,the more you will know about your weak areas.
3.Time management Issues
Candidates feel that 3 hours are not sufficient to attempt 300 questions. The way you manage your time becomes the deciding factor of whether you will clear the exam or not. So, practice some online mock tests for better efficiency.
Also read : Attempt Online Mock Tests
4.Non Familiarity with Online- Platform
The candidates are used to giving the test in the traditional mode of paper – pen and the presence of online platform makes them uneasy. It is seen that aspirants have been and are unaware on how to operate the software used to take the exam.
- A few test takers did not know how to mark a particular question or how to review the marked questions.
- Test takers find it difficult to scan all questions of the exam. These candidates will not be able to clear the cut – off because while everyone else will be answering the questions they will be struggling with the software.
5.Candidates do not focus on Accuracy and Speed
It has been observed that while taking mock tests and while solving previous year papers, candidates do not focus on accuracy and speed.
To keep a check on speed, you should set a timer and then start solving papers. This way you will come to know how long are you taking to solve the mock tests and how many questions you leave unsolved.
Always, there would be some questions that you would have to guess in order to solve the ones you are totally sure of. Therefore, not just speed but accuracy too plays a vital role in clearing the exam.
Also Read our blogs for FMGE Preparation :
Suggestions for the Repeaters of FMGE:
- Use your knowledge/experience to your advantage and prepare well in advance.
- You must be knowing where you went wrong and what to expect and by now you also know which areas to work on.
- You must have covered the syllabus by now and have enough time to fine tune your attempt strategy.
- In addition, you also know how to schedule your studies well and this all will go handy in planning in advance and in planning well.
Also read : How to beat Anxiety for FMGE
Clearing FMGE is no big deal if you keep these common errors in mind and are able to overcome the above mentioned hurdles successfully.
Stay tuned for more updates!