Jul 20, 2023
When it comes to last-minute exam preparations, the most effective approach is to adopt a targeted strategy that concentrates on high-yield topics likely to be asked in the exam. And what better method to identify these high-yield topics than by reviewing previous year questions? In this blog, we will comprehensively cover all the FMGE previous year questions for PSM, enabling you to effortlessly master the subject.
|Pentavalent, MR, Hib||BCG, OPV, MR|
|BCG, OPV, Hepatitis B||BCG, IP, Hepatitis B|
Correct Answer: BCG, OPV, Hepatitis B
2. A 28 weeks pregnant woman with a 2-year old child gives a history of completing required antenatal vaccinations during her previous pregnancy. Which of the following would you recommend for her current pregnancy?
|Give a booster dose of TT||Give a booster dose of Td|
|Give 2 doses of TT||Give 2 doses of Td|
Correct Answer: Give a booster dose of Td
3. Two vaccines - Measles and pentavalent vaccine are used during an immunization programme. Which of these vaccines has to be discarded?
Correct Answer: Measles
4. A study was conducted to compare MMR vaccine history in children with autism and children without autism. What kind of study is being done here?
|Cross sectional study||Cohort study|
|Case control study||Clinical trial|
Correct Answer: Case control study
5. A study to determine the association between maternal smoking histories from pregnant women during their antenatal visits and then subsequently assessing the birth weight for their babies soon after delivery. What type of study is this?
|Prospective cohort||Cross sectional study|
|Case control||Cross sectional|
Correct Answer: Prospective cohort
6. An intern has to study the relationship between ordering food online and development of obesity using a case control study. What are the best study groups to be selected?
|Only obese person||Only online food eaters|
|Obese and non-obese persons||Online food eaters and non-online food eaters|
Correct Answer: Obese and non-obese persons
7. Which of the following is used to estimate relative risk (RR)?
|Case control study||Cohort Study|
|Randomized controlled trial||Cross-sectional study|
Correct Answer: Cohort Study
8. In the following flowchart which point is the usual point of diagnosis?
Correct Answer: Y
9. Positive predictive value is most affected by?
Correct answer: Prevalence
10. Which of the following is true regarding the single exposure point source epidemic?
|Has more than one incubation period||Has multiple peaks|
|Explosive in nature||Slow rise and fall|
Correct Answer: Explosive in nature
11. A 40 year old female with no comorbidities complaints of swelling in both her legs which was acute in onset. She also gives a history of loose stools. Het family members too have similar symptoms. On examination there were no signs of inflammation in both the legs. Detailed history revealed that mustard oil is a staple part of their diet. Which of the following substances is responsible for her condition?
Correct Answer: Sanguinarine
12. All of the following can be used to treat Khesari dal toxicity except?
|Ban crop||Toxin removal|
Correct Answer: DEC
13. A worker in the groundnut factory developed food poisoning after he ate some stale groundnuts which were stored in the factory. What is the most probable cause in this person?
|Beta oxalyl amino alanine||Smoke from factory|
Correct Answer: Aflatoxins
14. Which of the following biomedical waste is disposed of in a yellow bag?
Correct Answer: Blood Bag
15. According to the biomedical waste disposal guidelines, the used cotton swabs should be disposed of in the ___ colored bag.
Correct Answer: Yellow
16. A compounder was throwing out some biomedical waste in a white bag. Which of the following could have been disposed of in it?
|Anatomical Waste||Sharp Waste|
Correct Answer: Sharp waste
17. A nurse spills blood on the floor. What should be used to disinfect it?
|Cresol||70% ethyl alcohol|
|1% sodium hypochlorite||Glutaraldehyde|
Correct Answer: 1% sodium hypochlorite
18. Highest birth rate is seen in which stage of demographic cycle?
|Stage I||Stage II|
|Stage III||Stage IV|
Correct Answer: Stage I
19. Identify the image
|Population cycle||EPIDEMIOLOGICAL transition model|
|Family cycle||Demographic transition model|
Correct Answer: Demographic transition model
20. What phase of the demographic cycle is the low stationary phase of the demographic cycle?
|Phase 1||Phase 2|
|Phase 2||Phase 4|
Correct Answer: Phase 4
21. Registration of birth and death rate in National level by
|Civil Registration System||SRS|
Correct Answer: Civil Registration System
22. All of the following statements are true about PHC except
|There is 1 PHC per 30,000 population in plain areas||Type A PHC conducts <20 deliveries per month|
|Provides maternal and child health care, family planning and MTP||Is the first referral unit|
Correct Answer: Is the first referral unit
23. In India’s healthcare system. What are the first referral centers?
|Primary health centers and district hospitals||Medical colleges and district hospitals|
|Community health centers and medical colleges||Sub-district hospitals and community health centers|
Correct Answer: Sub-district hospitals and community health centers
24. All facilities provided at CHC except
|Specialist present like surgeon||Blood storage facility present|
|1st Referral Units||Genetic care interventions|
Correct Answer: Genetic care interventions
22. Eligible couple registers are maintained at which of the following centers?
Correct Answer: Sub-centre
23. The minimum requirements of a health worker job are given: should be a woman, a resident of the village, 25 to 45 years old, and have a formal education till 10th standard. What is the health worker called?
|Dai||Accredited social health activist|
Correct Answer: Accredited social health activist
24. In rural areas, one ASHA worker is assigned to a population of ___ people.
Correct Answer: 1000
25. The pregnancy test kit launched by the government is called:
Correct Answer: NISCHAY
26. The best way to plot trends in the incidence of diarrheal disease in a given areas by.
Correct Answer: Line graph
27. The following diagram charts the population change over years from 1983 to 1989 in a given place. What is the statistical diagram used here?
|Component bar graph||Multiple bar graphs|
Correct Answer: Component bar graph
28. The following type of representation of data is used for which kind of variables?
|Continuous||All of the above|
Correct Answer: Continuous
29. In a normal curve, what is the percentage of the distribution that falls within one standard deviation of the mean?
Correct Answer: 68%
30. An underweight adolescent girl is found to have the following finding on her ocular examination. What is the WHO grade for this finding?
Correct Answer: 1B
While this blog only covers the previous year's questions for PSM, we've also crafted an extensive post encompassing FMGE previous year question papers for the past three exams. PDFs of FMGE Previous Year Question papers are also available to help you strengthen your exam readiness.
31. Which vitamin deficiency causes xerophthalmia, a condition which causes dry eyes?
|Vitamin A||Vitamin B|
|Vitamin C||Vitamin D|
Correct Answer: Vitamin A
32. An 8-month old baby on examination shows signs of vitamin A deficiency. What is the dose of vitamin A to be administered to the baby?
|25,000 IU IM||25,000 IU orally|
|100,000 IU orally||100,000 IU IM|
Correct Answer: 100,000 IU orally
33. In a particular village people are complaining of diarrhea, dementia and a rash on exposure to sunlight. On questioning it was reported that their diet consists of the majority of maize. What is the diagnosis in this case?
|Thiamine deficiency||Ascorbic deficiency|
|Cyanocobalamin deficiency||Niacin deficiency|
Correct Answer: Niacin deficiency
34. A patient presented with a rash and diarrhea for 2 months. Identify the deficiency?
|Vitamin B12 deficiency||Vitamin C deficiency|
|Niacin Deficiency||Vitamin D deficiency|
Correct Answer: Niacin Deficiency
35. Which of the following is not a trace element?
Correct Answer: Calcium
36. The incisors of a child who has white patches on them which later turned brown are due to excessive supplementation of which of the following?
Correct Answer: Fluorine
37. A 45-year old man living in Nellore, Andhra Pradesh presents with the following lesions on his teeth. What is the most likely diagnosis?
Correct Answer: Fluorosis
38. Identify the given logo below?
|AGMARK||Bureau of Indian Standards|
|Food Corporation of India||FSSAI|
Correct Answer: Bureau of Indian Standards
39. Which of the following statements is true about health propaganda?
|It is actively acquired||It appeals to emotions|
|It is behavior centered||It aids in developing a reflective behavior|
Correct Answer: It appeals to emotions
40. When information is used to spread a particular systemized doctrine or a political viewpoint to instill it in the minds of the people, what is it called?
|Health doctrine||Health propaganda|
|Health education||Health information|
Correct Answer: Health propaganda
41. A handwashing awareness session was conducted in a community. The correct sequence of events here is:
Correct Answer: Awareness>interest>evaluation>adoption
42. During a vaccination drive, a male patient asks the presiding doctor if the recommended vaccine can lead to impotency. What type of barrier will the doctor be addressing?
|Physical barrier||Environmental barrier|
|Physiological barrier||Cultural barrier|
Correct Answer: Cultural barrier
43. The best method of teaching an urban slum about ORS is -
Correct Answer: Demonstration
44. 4-8 speakers talk about a specific topic in front of a large audience. There is no particular agenda, set speech, or order of speaking. In the end, there is interaction with the audience. What is this mode of communication best known as?
Correct Answer: Panel discussion
45. A 35 year old man is unable to walk after an accident. His unemployment is classified as a-
Correct Answer: Handicap
46. A person going for a self-health check-up at a hospital as his father died last week due to ischemia. Which level of prevention is this?
Correct Answer: Secondary
47. A government plans to outline tobacco control laws. What is the level of prevention here?
|Primordial prevention||Primary prevention|
|Secondary prevention||Tertiary prevention|
Correct Answer: Primary prevention
48. Hand washing during COVID-19 is what level of prevention?
|Primordial prevention||Primary prevention|
|Secondary prevention||Tertiary prevention|
Correct Answer: Primary prevention
49. A 45-year old healthy man with a history of small streaks of blood in his stools is being sent for a colonoscopy to screen for colon cancer. This type of prevention is -
Correct Answer: Secondary
50. True about PQLI?
|Literacy rate, birth rate, life expectancy at birth||Life expectancy at 1 year, IMR, literacy rate|
|Life expectancy at birth, income, literacy rate||Soon to be replaced by GNP|
Correct Answer: Life expectancy at 1 year, IMR, literacy rate
51. What is the current percentage for spending on health as a proportion of GDP of the country?
Correct Answer: 2%
52. The number of maternal deaths per 100,000 live births is called -
|Maternal mortality rate||Maternal mortality ratio|
|Infant mortality rate||Perinatal mortality rate|
Correct Answer: Maternal mortality ratio
53. The most common indirect cause of obstetric death is 2023
Correct Answer: Anemia
54. Infant mortality rate is defined as no of infants deaths for every
|1000 live births||100000 live births|
|100 live births||10000 live births|
Correct Answer: 1000 live births
55. According to WHO, what is the minimum number of antenatal visits?
Correct Answer: 8
56. According to the school health program, the minimum area for each student in a classroom should be?
|5 sq. ft.||10 sq. ft.|
|15 sq. ft.||20 sq. ft.|
Correct Answer: 10 sq. ft.
57. All of the following are minimum standards for sanitation of schools and its environment in India except
|Desks to be of ‘Minus type’||Combined doors + windows area = 25% of floor space area|
|Maximum 40 students per classroom||One urinal for 10 students and one latrine for 25 students|
Correct Answer: One urinal for 10 students and one latrine for 25 students
58. The school health programs are managed by which of the following?
|Primary health center||District hospital|
Correct Answer: Primary health center
59. Social factors and disease causation?
Correct Answer: Social pathology
60. A doctor is teaching an intern on how to do the knee reflex properly and a demonstration is done. The intern is asked to learn the skills as it is very important in clinics. What type of learning is this?
|Cognitive learning||Psychomotor learning|
|Affective learning||Repeated learning|
Correct Answer: Psychomotor learning
61. A surveyor visits a household consisting of a 35-year old man, his wife who is 6 weeks pregnant and a 3-year old child. The man’s brother along with his wife is currently visiting them for a month owing to winter vacation. What type of family would the surveyor classify the household?
|Joint family||Nuclear family|
|Extended family||Third generation family|
Correct answer: Nuclear family
62. A couple has given birth to their first child. Based on the nuclear family cycle, which phase is the family entering into?
Correct Answer: Extension
63. A researcher who was studying plasmodium species decided to visit the malaria-epidemic place in Odisha after 2 days to do his clinical study for 5 weeks. Which of the following drugs need to be taken as prophylaxis before visiting the malaria-endemic place?
Correct Answer: Doxycycline
64. What is the health insurance package provided for an eligible family per year, in the Ayushman Bharat scheme?
|5 lakhs per family per year||4 lakhs per family per year|
|6 lakhs per family per year||3 lakhs per family per year|
Correct Answer: 5 lakhs per family per year
65. Identify the logo in the image given below -
|International red cross||Suraksha clinic|
|National AIDS control programme||Family planning campaign|
Correct Answer: Suraksha clinic
66. Zika virus is transmitted by:
Correct Answer: Aedes aegypti
67. The shelf life of copper T 380 A is
|3 years||5 years|
|7 years||10 years|
Correct Answer: 10 years
68. Which of the following is an absolute contraindication for the device shown in the image below?
|Uterine malformations||Uterine fibroids|
Correct Answer: Vaginal bleeding
69. What is the content present in the given contraceptive image?
|Nonoxynol 9||EE + LNG|
Correct Answer: Nonoxynol 9
70. Duration of barrier contraceptives after vasectomy is?
|3-4 weeks||4-5 weeks|
|8-12 weeks||12-14 weeks|
Correct Answer: 12-14 weeks
71. An 8 weeks pregnant woman, working in an industry, consults a doctor. According to the ESI act, what is the duration of maternity leave that she can take?
|4 months||28 weeks, starting from 4 weeks after delivery|
|26 weeks, starting from 8 weeks before delivery||9 months|
Correct Answer: 26 weeks, starting from 8 weeks before delivery
72. A patient presents to an ESI hospital for treatment. Under the ESI Act, he/she is treated under which benefit?
|Sickness benefit||Medical benefit|
|Maternity benefit||Dependent’s benefit|
Correct Answer: Medical benefit
73. A worker with a history of 30 years working in a cardboard manufacturing firm develops breathlessness and cough. X-ray shows mottling in lungs. Disease most likely is-
Correct Answer: Bagassosis
74. A 50 year old man who was working in the dye industry with exposure to aniline dyes presented with bladder problems. What is the most probable diagnosis?
|Squamous cell carcinoma||Basal cell carcinoma|
|Transitional cell carcinoma||Adenocarcinoma|
Correct Answer: Transitional cell carcinoma
75. The insect shown below is a vector for a disease that is targeted under the National vector borne disease control programme. Identify the disease.
|Malayan filariasis||Japanese encephalitis|
Correct Answer: Japanese encephalitis
76. In a triage system, highest priority and dead patients are respectively color coded by.
|Black and red||Both Black|
|Red and black||Both red|
Correct Answer: Red and Black
77. A pregnant lady presented to the casualty after she was scratched by a street dog while she was walking on the streets an hour ago. She has only some minor abrasions with no bleeding. What treatment should be offered to her?
|No treatment as she is pregnant now||Only local wound cleaning|
|Local wound cleaning and rabies vaccine||Local wound cleaning, Rabies vaccine and immunoglobulins|
Correct Answer: Local wound cleaning and rabies vaccine
78. A patient comes in with a history of category 3 dog bites. He received prophylaxis for a monkey bite 6 months back. What is the next step in management?
|Wound cleaning only||Wound cleaning + rabies vaccine on day 0 & 3|
|Wound cleaning + rabies vaccine on day 0, 3 & 7||Wound cleaning + IM vaccine + RIG|
Correct Answer: Wound cleaning + rabies vaccine on day 0 & 3
In order to enhance your understanding of these PYQs make sure you review the explanations for all the correct as well as incorrect options. Watch the following video by Dr Neha Taneja.
Also learn from FMGE previous year questions for -
All the best!
Kashika Walia is a Senior Content Writer at PrepLadder. She is devoted to give her readers easily digestible and high-value content that makes their journey towards their dream career incredibly easy.
The most popular search terms used by aspirants