Microbiology is considered as one of the toughest and most scoring subject from Medical PG Entrance Exams perspective. It yields a high weightage in the exams. According to the recent official subject-wise marks distribution for NEET-PG, around 20 MCQ’s are expected from this subject.
With a view to make your NEET PG preparations more effective
, we approached our subject matter experts to highlight important topics which are likely expected to be there in exam.
Here's a list of the important topics in microbiology
that we advise all of you to be thorough with.
Most Important Topics of Microbiology for NEET-PG
Here is a Unit-wise list of the Microbiology Important Topics
1. General Microbiology
- Staph, Streptococcus, Corynebacterium, Bacillus, Clostridium
- Pseudomans, Haemophilus, Brucella, Bordetella, Yersinia
- Helicobacter, Campylobacter
- General properties of virus
- Dimorphic fungi(special points of each)
- Images of Eggs of all Parasites
Also Read: HELMINTHOLOGY : Structure, Classification, Growth, and Development : NEET PG Microbiology
- Reaction Between Antigen and Antibody(Examples)
- Hypersensitivity Reaction (Examples)
Preparing the above-listed microbiology important topics thoroughly would surely help you to answer most of the questions and will help to you emerge among the Top-Rankers.