Jul 20, 2023
FMGE Previous Year Questions form a critical learning resource for holistic exam preparation. From helping you identify the high-yield topics that are asked frequently in the exam to enabling you evaluate your preparation, strengths and weaknesses, PYQs act as a key tool.
To help you make the most of this excellent preparation resource, we have listed all the must-know FMGE previous year questions for radiology in this blog below. Read further and strengthen your FMGE preparation.
1. A 65 Year old hypertensive pt on irregular medication has headache and a BP220/110 mmhg, CT head is shown below:
|A. Intraventricular Bleed||B. Putaminal Bleed|
|C. Subarachnoid Hemorrhage||D. Pontine Hemorrhage|
Answer: Putaminal Bleed
2. Identify the marked structure on CT Head
|A. Optic Nerve||B. Optic Chiasma|
|C. Optic Tract||D. P Superior Ophthalmic Artery|
Answer: Optic Nerve
3. Identify the marked structure shown by the arrow?
|A. Medulla||B. Pons|
|C. Midbrain||D. Spinal Cord|
4. A 45 year old male with heart disease undergoes a chest X- ray, what is the diagnosis?
|A. Prosthetic aortic valve||B. Prosthetic mitral valve|
|C. Pericardial calcification||D. Implantable pacemaker|
Answer: Prosthetic mitral valve
5. X ray of a 2 year old child is given, what is the possible diagnosis?
|A. Pneumatosis||B. Pneumoperitoneum|
|C. Subcutaneous Emphysema||D. Duodenal Atresial|
6. A 33 year old female presents with fever, weight loss, elevated levels of ACE levelswith hilar lymphadenopathy on x-ray, the most probable diagnosis is?
|A. TB||B. Sarcoidosis|
|C. Silicosis||D. Small Cell Cancer|
7. Identify the structure being pointed by the arrow?
|A. Hepatic Artery||B. Portal Vein|
|C. Hepatic Vein||D. Inferior Venacava|
Answer: Portal Vein
8. A patient met with a RTA, is unconscious and the ct scan does not show any findings except for few petechial hemorrhages, What is the probable diagnosis?
|A. Diffuse Axonal Injury||B. Concussion|
|C. Contusion||D. Subarachnoid Haemorrhage|
Answer: Diffuse Axonal Injury
9. A Patient with prostrate cancer receives sequential radiotherapy at a dose of 1.8-2.4 Gy for 5 days every week, for 5-7 weeks this is called as?
|A. Regular Fractionated Radiotherapy||B. Hypofractionated radiotherapy|
|C. Hyperfractionated Radiotherapy||D. Accelerated Radiotherapy|
Answer: Regular Fractionated Radiotherapy
10. Prophylactic craniospinal irradiation is done for which cancer
|A. Seminoma||B. Small cell lung ca|
|C. Prostrate Cancer||D. Hodgkins Lymphoma|
Answer: Small cell lung ca
11. Identify the pathology on the X-ray given below?
|A. Hydropneumothorax||B. Pneumothorax|
|C. Hydropneumopericardium||D. Lower lobe pneumonia|
12. A 35 year old female is a known case of HIV, with CD4 <300, presents with fever, dyspnea, cough and chest x-ray of the patient is given. Most likely diagnosis is:
|A. Staphylococcus||B. Streptococcus|
|C. Histopsmosis||D. Miliary TB|
Answer: Miliary TB
13. Gold Standard Investigation for FESS is
|A. XRAY||B. MRI|
|C. CT SCAN||D. PET SCAN|
Answer: CT SCAN
14. A female visits OPD with her 6-week child presenting with vomiting and abdominal pain. X-ray of the infant shows?
|A. Jejunal atresia||B. Diaphragmatic hernia|
|C. Duodenal atresia||D. Pyloric stenosis|
Answer: Duodenal atresia
15. Identify the structure marked in the given image?
|A. Thalamus||B. Caudate nucleus|
|C. Lentiform nucleus||D. Internal capsule|
Answer: Lentiform nucleus
16. A patient presents with hard palpable gall bladder with pain in right hypochondrium. On performing USG following Image was seen. What could be the diagnosis?
|A. Multiple gall stones||B. Choledocolithiasis|
|C. Hydatid cyst||D. Gall bladder cancer|
Answer: Multiple gall stones
17. Which arterial territory is involved on the CT scan image of a patient with Infarct?
|A. Complete MCA||B. PCA|
|C. ACA||D. Posterior communicating artery|
Answer: Complete MCA
|A. Slipped capital femoral epiphysis||B. Perthes disease|
|C. Myositis||D. Meyer’s dysplasia|
Answer: Perthes disease
19. Identify the disease shown in the image?
|A. Scurvy||B. Rickets|
|C. Osteogenesis Imperfecta||D. Achondroplasia|
20. A 6-day-old neonate with respiratory distress showed the following findings on the chest X-ray. What is the diagnosis?
|A. Congenital cystic adenomatoid malformation||B. Bronchogenic cysts|
|C. Hyaline membrane disease||D. Congenital diaphragmatic hernia|
Answer: Congenital diaphragmatic hernia
21 Identify the diagnosis on Imaging as shown below?
|A. Incomplete mole||B. Hydatidiform mole|
|C. Retained products of conception||D. PCOD|
Answer: Hydatidiform mole
22. A patient with history of TB and prolonged back pain. Diagnosis?
|A. Psoas abscess||B. Perthes disease|
|C. Inguinal hernia||D. Ureterocele|
Answer: Psoas abscess
23. The given skull Xray finding is seen in?
|A. Hemolytic anemia||B. Multiple myeloma|
|C. Increased ICT||D. Osteopetrosis|
Answer: Hemolytic anemia
24. Identify the pathology on given Barium enema image?
|A. Intussusception||B. Ulcerative colitis|
|C. Cecal cancer||D. Ileocecal TB|
25. A 45 year old female came for postsurgery follow up, A CXR was taken what is the most likely diagnosis?
|A. Malignancy||B. Fibroadenoma|
|C. Emphysema||D. Left sided mastectomy|
Answer: Left sided mastectomy
26. Identify the given HSG image?
|A. Bicornuate||B. Unicornuate|
|C. Septate||D. Didelphys|
27. A female pt with dysphagia, Barium swallow image is shown, what is the likely diagnosis?
|A. Diffuse esophageal spasm||B. Esophageal cancer|
|C. Achalasia cardia||D. Esophagitis|
Answer: Achalasia cardia
28. A 65 Year old female fell down in the bathroom &sustained head injury, Ct scan was performed, what is likely diagnosis?
|A. Extradural hematoma||B. Intracranial bleed|
Answer: Subdural hematoma
29. Identify the given IVP image
|A. B/L Ureterocele||B. Hydronephrosis|
|C. Staghorn calculi||D. Bladder calculi|
Answer: B/L Ureterocele
30. What structure is the arrow pointing to
|A. Medial epicondyle||B. Trochlea|
|C. Capitulum||D. Olecrenon|
While this blog only covers the previous year's questions for Radiology, we've also crafted an extensive post encompassing FMGE previous year question papers for the past three exams. PDFs of FMGE Previous Year Question papers are also available to help you strengthen your exam readiness.
31. Identify the given Chest Radiograph?
|A. Pneumothorax||B. Hydropneumothorax|
|C. Pericardial effusion||D. Emphysema|
32. Patient with Right Hypochondrial pain, Water Lily Sign is seen on Ultrasound, what is the diagnosis?
|A. Entamoeba||B. Schistosoma|
|C. Ascariasis||D. Hydatid cyst|
Answer: Hydatid cyst
Once you are done going through the PYQs above, make sure you also listen to the detailed explanation for all the options by Dr Nikita Nanwani through this video below.
Also, boost your exam preparation by going through the FMGE previous year questions for -
All the best!
Kashika Walia is a Senior Content Writer at PrepLadder. She is devoted to give her readers easily digestible and high-value content that makes their journey towards their dream career incredibly easy.
The most popular search terms used by aspirants