Jan 1, 2019
Gynaecology and Obstetrics are 2 vast subjects clubbed together under one. Students can’t afford to get questions wrong from this subject as it will adversely affect their ranking. According to the recent official subject wise marks distribution for NEET-PG, around 30 questions are expected from this subject. This clearly shows the importance of this subject in NEET-PG. We hope all of you are in the final phase of your revision and working very hard to turn your dream into reality. To ease your revision for Obs & Gynae, we approached the famous faculty, DR. Prassan Vij important gynecology and obstetrics topics list which are high-yield and must be quickly revised in the limited time left before the exam.
You can find below the gynaecology topic list of must-prepare areas-
1. Carcinoma cervix: Do read it ‘in and out’! Recent staging has been added. Likely to be a question (B1 B2 has a B3 stage also, IIIB has a next stage called III C 1 and C2)
2. Etiology and staging of carcinoma Endometrium, Association with postmenopausal bleeding in Diabetic and hypertensives and Pipelle biopsy in OPD. Prognostic factors like ER PR status and staging with grading. Hysteroscopy as the diagnostic tool, very important!
3. Management of abnormal bleeding and newer drugs- Read Mirena, Endometrial Ablation
4. PCOS complete…also, read Letrozole and metformin Pharmacology in detail. Letrozole as the new drug of choice for ovulation induction
5. Carcinoma Ovary staging and it’s new details from 2014 onwards. Read Germ cell tumors especially Dermoid and Dysgerminoma. Read also about AFP and HCG biochemistry. All named lesions and ‘inclusion bodies’ in carcinoma ovary. Steps of staging Laparotomy.
6. HRT indications and Contra-Indications. Read especially about Raloxofene & Bisphosphonates.
7. One question always on intersex, especially MRKH and Testicular feminisation syndrome. Treatment of CAH.
8. Do read turners, Klinefelter's and Kallman syndromes.
Here's an obstetrics topics list which you must prepare thoroughly for the NEET PG exam -
1. Read antepartum and intrapartum surveillance in details:
2. Malpresentation and Malposition, one question always comes in this.
3. Aph and pph. Do read about the Placenta accrete case which can result in torrential PPH and also maternal mortality.
4. Read about blood component therapy which is important in all clinical branches
5. Management of shoulder Dystocia, the Various maneuvers
6. Active management of the third stage of labour.
7. Partogram and the various aspects of monitoring apart from station and Descent. Look for the frequency of per vaginal examination and vitals monitoring
8. Screening of anomalies. Dual marker, triple marker quadruple marker etc.
9. Ectopic pregnancy in and out. Management of unruptured ectopic pregnancy.
10. Molar Pregnancy, invasive mole, choriocarcinoma. The pathology of complete and Incomplete mole.
11. Amniocentesis and cvs, procedure and timings. Cordocentesis, which can be done after 24 weeks. Do read about ‘cell-free DNA; and its assessment in the NIPT or NIFTy test.
Best Wishes for NEET-PG!
Keep Following PrepLadder..
Access all the necessary resources you need to succeed in your competitive exam preparation. Stay informed with the latest news and updates on the upcoming exam, enhance your exam preparation, and transform your dreams into a reality!
The most popular search terms used by aspirants